Digital TV News: DVB Project
DVB to demonstrate hybrid media delivery at IBC2018
Sep 5, 2018 – DVB has announced that it will showcase hybrid media delivery at IBC2018. By specifying systems for seamless media delivery across all platforms and formats, including linear and on-demand, broadcast and OTT, mobile, HD and UHD, DVB ensures that the industry can deliver high-quality content to every screen.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DVB launches new DVB-I initiative
Mar 5, 2018 – DVB has agreed terms of reference for a new DVB CM-I group for DVB-I (Internet). DVB CM-I will look into the commercial requirements for standalone linear TV services over broadband Internet.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thomas Stockhammer, Peter Lanigan, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB creates group to define Targeted Advertising commercial requirements
Jan 23, 2018 – Following the publication of the Study Mission Report on Targeted Advertising in September, the DVB Steering Board has approved the creation of a dedicated group to implement the report’s recommendations.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Angelo Pettazzi, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
SMIT launches first DVB CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM for Europe
Nov 7, 2017 – SMIT has launched the world's first USB CAM prototype that conforms with DVB's CI Plus 2.0 standards together with Irdeto, MStar, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
DVB completes current UHD plan with three specification updates
Oct 26, 2017 – The DVB Technical Module has approved revisions and updates for three specifications. With these chnages – to DVB-DASH, audiovisual coding and bitmapped subtitles – DVB marks the completion of the current generation of UHD specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
DVB approves new subtitling specification
Aug 7, 2017 – The DVB Steering Board has approved a specification for DVB TTML subtitling systems. The specification enables the delivery of next generation subtitles in transport streams for broadcast TV services, based on W3C Timed Text Markup Language (TTML).
News categories: DVB Project, Kevin Murray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
DVB UHD specification published by ETSI
Mar 2, 2017 – Following the approval by the DVB Steering Board for TS 101 154 V2.3.1 'Specification for the use of Video and Audio Coding in Broadcasting Applications based on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream', ETSI has officially published the DVB specification as an ETSI standard.
News categories: DVB Project, Ken McCann, Virginie Drugeon, Digital TV, Europe, Worldwide
DVB approves commercial requirements for ABR Multicast
Nov 22, 2016 – After consideration of the Commercial Requirements for ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) Multicast presented to the 84th meeting of the DVB Steering Board, the decision was made to commit the Technical Module to produce a specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 specification
Nov 17, 2016 – The DVB Steering Board has approved the specification for UHD-1 Phase 2 (TS 101 154). The specification guarantees interoperability and enables broadcasters and CE manufacturers to provide UHD-1 Phase 2 products and services.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, David Wood, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding