Digital TV News: DVB Project
DVB creates group to define Targeted Advertising commercial requirements
Jan 23, 2018 – Following the publication of the Study Mission Report on Targeted Advertising in September, the DVB Steering Board has approved the creation of a dedicated group to implement the report’s recommendations.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Angelo Pettazzi, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
SMIT launches first DVB CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM for Europe
Nov 7, 2017 – SMIT has launched the world's first USB CAM prototype that conforms with DVB's CI Plus 2.0 standards together with Irdeto, MStar, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
DVB completes current UHD plan with three specification updates
Oct 26, 2017 – The DVB Technical Module has approved revisions and updates for three specifications. With these chnages – to DVB-DASH, audiovisual coding and bitmapped subtitles – DVB marks the completion of the current generation of UHD specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
DVB approves new subtitling specification
Aug 7, 2017 – The DVB Steering Board has approved a specification for DVB TTML subtitling systems. The specification enables the delivery of next generation subtitles in transport streams for broadcast TV services, based on W3C Timed Text Markup Language (TTML).
News categories: DVB Project, Kevin Murray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
DVB UHD specification published by ETSI
Mar 2, 2017 – Following the approval by the DVB Steering Board for TS 101 154 V2.3.1 'Specification for the use of Video and Audio Coding in Broadcasting Applications based on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream', ETSI has officially published the DVB specification as an ETSI standard.
News categories: DVB Project, Ken McCann, Virginie Drugeon, Digital TV, Europe, Worldwide
DVB approves commercial requirements for ABR Multicast
Nov 22, 2016 – After consideration of the Commercial Requirements for ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) Multicast presented to the 84th meeting of the DVB Steering Board, the decision was made to commit the Technical Module to produce a specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 specification
Nov 17, 2016 – The DVB Steering Board has approved the specification for UHD-1 Phase 2 (TS 101 154). The specification guarantees interoperability and enables broadcasters and CE manufacturers to provide UHD-1 Phase 2 products and services.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, David Wood, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB fosters licensing program for DVB-S2X patents
Feb 19, 2015 – DVB has announced that it is fostering the formation of a licensing program covering patents essential to the DVB-S2 Extensions (DVB-S2X) specification. The initial meeting of holders of DVB-S2X technology is scheduled for March 25th.
News categories: DVB Project, Carter Eltzroth, DVB-S2, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
Fiber Nederland opts for Stream Group’s interactive TV platform
Sep 10, 2014 – Fiber Nederland and Stream Group have signed an agreement for the supply of the Interactive TV platform Solocoo for Fiber’s triple-play proposition. Solocoo will offer Fiber customers interactive services such as VoD, Cloud Recording, Multiscreen, and Live TV channels.
News categories: Stream Group, Fiber Nederland, Pieter Heyn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV