Digital TV News: Dan Cryan
New services to add $3.6bn to the US D2C video market by 2023
Feb 21, 2019 – New direct-to-consumer online video subscription services have the potential to add 53 million paying subscriptions to the U.S. market by 2023, effectively growing the total number of subscribers by 25%, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Dan Cryan, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
YouTube turns to premium subscriptions to raise revenue
Sep 17, 2018 – YouTube is diversifying its business model including rebranding and expanding its YouTube Premium subscription service. Current markets for YouTube Premium are expected to generate revenue of nearly $2 billion in 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Dan Cryan, Max Signorelli, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Market for esports video is booming
May 9, 2017 – The market for esports video continues its rapid growth worldwide. Total hours viewed in the genre exceeded 6 billion globally in 2016, up 19 percent from 2015, according to a new report from IHS Markit (Nasdaq:INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ted Hall, Dan Cryan, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
TV channels go direct to consumers to tap SVOD revenue
Oct 26, 2015 – The traditional TV channels business is entering a period of flux, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Direct to Consumer (D2C) offerings are emerging as key new services for traditional channels, spurred by the growing popularity of Netflix.
News categories: IHS Inc, Ted Hall, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, UK, Worldwide
Digital now revenue backbone of home entertainment
Oct 1, 2014 – Growth in digital subscriptions, rentals and purchases will hold total consumer revenue from traditional home entertainment sources steady, according to new analysis released at the PEVE Entertainment Business conference, held by IHS.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dan Cryan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
US Audiences to Pay for More Online Movies in 2012 than for Physical Videos
Mar 22, 2012 – According to IHS Screen Digest, Americans will pay to consume more movies online in 2012 than they will on physical video formats, marking the first year that legal, Internet-delivered movies will outstrip those of DVDs and Blu-ray discs combined.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
A Canvas-type proposition will reach 3.5m homes by 2014
Oct 28, 2009 – Analysis from Screen Digest focuses on the prospects for a project Canvas-type venture in the UK. Screen Digest believes that a hybrid open IPTV platform such as that proposed by the BBC and its partners will reach 3.5 million homes by 2014.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?