Digital TV News: Dan Marotta
Broadcom first set-top box SoC certified for differential power analysis resistance
Dec 19, 2013 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and Riscure have announced the certification of Broadcom’s set-top box silicon under their Differential Power Analysis (DPA) countermeasure validation program.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Riscure, Broadcom, Dan Marotta, Benjamin Jun, Pascal Van Gimst, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
Jun 11, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new single chip solution for cable headless gateways that delivers the fastest Data over Cable Interface Standard (DOCSIS) data rates, whole-home connectivity and an all-IP video experience.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Announces Cost-Optimized Cable HD Set-Top Box SoCs
Mar 21, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first low cost, HD digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom announces high-definition cable digital-transport adapter SoC
Mar 11, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a high definition (HD) cable digital-transport adapter (DTA) system-on-a-chip (SoC) with integrated Full-Band Capture technology. The BCM7576 enables North American cable operators to provide enhanced basic digital HD services.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Broadcom launches industry's first single-chip DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Jan 28, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first fully integrated, single chip, DVB-T2 receiver SoC. The Broadcom BCM7563 includes a DVB-T2 tuner, demodulator, CPU, high-definition audio, video and graphics back-end.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Broadcom showcases set-top box innovations at CSTB Moscow
Jan 28, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) is showcasing its latest generation of cable, satellite, IP and terrestrial TV solutions at the CSTB Exhibition and Forum, the premier broadcasting and telecommunications event in Russia.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Powers World's First Android 4.0 Set-top Box with Google Mobile Services
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the successful integration of Google Mobile Services with Android ICS on the Samsung Electronics SMT-E5015 Smart TV set-top box (STB), based on the Broadcom® BCM7356 satellite STB system-on-a-chip (SoC).
News categories: Broadcom, Samsung, Olleh TV, CES, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Launches First 5G WiFi Wireless IPTV Set-top Box Platform
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first 5G WiFi Connected IPTV Set-top Box (STB) platform. Supporting the latest IEEE 802.11.ac standard, Broadcom's 5G WiFi technology is now available paired with its IP STB system-on-a-chip technology.
News categories: Broadcom, CES, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Broadcom Unveils World's First Ultra HD TV Home Gateway Chip
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the world's first Ultra TV video decoder IC. The 28nm ARM-based BCM7445 supports the HEVC video coding standard and can simultaneously deliver four transcoded HD video streams over IP for content on any screen.
News categories: Broadcom, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware