Digital TV News: Danny Kaye
HDR10+ Technologies welcomes first adopters of HDR10+ technology
Aug 29, 2018 – HDR10+ Technologies has announced the first certified products and first adopters for the HDR10+ license program. Panasonic and Samsung are also among the first to announce firmware has been deployed to select 2018 television models enabling support of HDR10+ for consumers.
News categories: HDR10+, Danny Kaye, Toshiharu Tsutsui, Bill Mandel, Denver Mishima, Park Yongbum, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
FOX, Ericsson, Intel and AT&T stream 2018 U.S. Open in 4K over 5G
May 15, 2018 – FOX Sports, in cooperation with the Fox Innovation Lab and partners Ericsson, Intel and AT&T, will use 5G technology to stream 4K video over 5G for potential broadcast nationwide at this year’s 118th U.S. Open Championship on June 14-17.
News categories: FOX Sports, Ericsson, Intel Corp, AT&T, 21st Century Fox, Michael Davies, Niklas Heuveldop, Asha Keddy, Melissa Arnoldi, Danny Kaye, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung announce updates to HDR10+
Jan 5, 2018 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced updates to the associated certification and logo program for the open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR), called HDR10+ which they announced last year at IFA.
News categories: Samsung, Panasonic, 20th Century Fox, Jongsuk Chu, Toshiharu Tsutsui, Danny Kaye, Jim Wuthrich, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung create metadata platform for HDR
Aug 28, 2017 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced a partnership to create an open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR) through an associated certification and logo program, tentatively called HDR10+.
News categories: 20th Century Fox, Panasonic, Samsung, Danny Kaye, Yuki Kusumi, Jongsuk Chu, CES2020, Digital TV, IFA2019, Licensing, Worldwide
ViXS and sMedio join forces to launch Ultra HD Blu-ray player solution
Jan 8, 2016 – In response to the imminent availability of multiple Ultra HD Blu-ray disc titles in early 2016, ViXS Systems Inc. (TSX: VXS) and sMedio (Tokyo: 3913) have announce the availability of an Ultra HD Blu-ray player solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, sMedio, Twentieth Century Fox, Sohail Khan, Shunsuke Tanaka, Danny Kaye, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Worldwide
WD delivers Ultra HD movies to Samsung TVs
Aug 5, 2015 – WD (NASDAQ:WDC) has announced its My Passport Cinema 4K Ultra HD (UHD) movie storage device, a way to organize, store and enjoy high-definition digital movies and TV shows on Samsung SUHD TVs and other compatible devices.
News categories: Western Digital, Samsung, Twentieth Century Fox, Tony Tate, Bill Lee, Danny Kaye, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA