Digital TV News: Darrell Haber
Dish Mexico selects Skyworth Digital set-tops
Sep 9, 2016 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has announced that its STBs will be used in a transformational project led by Dish Mexico. Under the agreement, Skyworth Digital will supply STBs, integrating its platform with top tier CAS and middleware vendors.
News categories: Skyworth, Dish Mexico, Darrell Haber, Carlos Miranda Matzumoto, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Set Top Box
Skyworth and Tencent bring TV gaming device to IBCShow
Sep 1, 2016 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has unveiled the miniStation – an OTT gaming console resulting from a partnership with Tencent. miniStation is Android-based and offers games, from game studios such as Tencent and Gameloft, to consumers via their TVs.
News categories: Skyworth, Tencent, Darrell Haber, China, Games Console, IBC2019
Skyworth claims global number three STB slot
Aug 23, 2016 – Skyworth Digital Technology (000810.SZ) has revealed that it shipped 30 million set-top boxes globally in 2015 – making it the third biggest set-top manufacturer in the world. Contributing to these figures was the shipment of more than seven million OTT boxes.
News categories: Skyworth, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SERAPHIC HTML5 browser selected by Skyworth for HbbTV 2.0 markets
May 20, 2016 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deploy its Sraf HTML5 Browser to meet Pay TV Operator requirements to provide interactive HD services such as HbbTV 1.5, HbbTV 2.0, YouTube 2016 and OTT TV.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Skyworth selects Metrological to provide TV app store
Sep 14, 2015 – Skyworth has announced that it has selected Metrological’s Application Platform to deliver and manage the Skyworth branded TV app store, which will be available on the company’s OTT and Hybrid set-top-boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Skyworth, Jeroen Ghijsen, Darrell Haber, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Set Top Box, USA
STMicroelectronics powers Skyworth satellite HD zapper STB
Jun 2, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Cardiff satellite SoC (STiH237) is powering the new Skyworth Digital HD set-top box. Cardiff is ST’s entry-level satellite set-top-box (STB) platform.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Skyworth, Eric Benoit, Darrell Haber, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar Europe Integrates OpenTV's Linux Client Solution From Nagravision
Sep 11, 2010 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it has worked closely with Nagravision to port OpenTV Linux-based client middleware to the EchoStar HDX-600R hybrid digital video recorder (DVR).
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Nagravision, OpenTV, Conditional Access, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV