Digital TV News: Darrell Haber
Dish Mexico selects Skyworth Digital set-tops
Sep 9, 2016 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has announced that its STBs will be used in a transformational project led by Dish Mexico. Under the agreement, Skyworth Digital will supply STBs, integrating its platform with top tier CAS and middleware vendors.
News categories: Skyworth, Dish Mexico, Darrell Haber, Carlos Miranda Matzumoto, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Set Top Box
Skyworth and Tencent bring TV gaming device to IBCShow
Sep 1, 2016 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has unveiled the miniStation – an OTT gaming console resulting from a partnership with Tencent. miniStation is Android-based and offers games, from game studios such as Tencent and Gameloft, to consumers via their TVs.
News categories: Skyworth, Tencent, Darrell Haber, China, Games Console, IBC2020
Skyworth claims global number three STB slot
Aug 23, 2016 – Skyworth Digital Technology (000810.SZ) has revealed that it shipped 30 million set-top boxes globally in 2015 – making it the third biggest set-top manufacturer in the world. Contributing to these figures was the shipment of more than seven million OTT boxes.
News categories: Skyworth, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SERAPHIC HTML5 browser selected by Skyworth for HbbTV 2.0 markets
May 20, 2016 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deploy its Sraf HTML5 Browser to meet Pay TV Operator requirements to provide interactive HD services such as HbbTV 1.5, HbbTV 2.0, YouTube 2016 and OTT TV.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Skyworth selects Metrological to provide TV app store
Sep 14, 2015 – Skyworth has announced that it has selected Metrological’s Application Platform to deliver and manage the Skyworth branded TV app store, which will be available on the company’s OTT and Hybrid set-top-boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Skyworth, Jeroen Ghijsen, Darrell Haber, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Set Top Box, USA
STMicroelectronics powers Skyworth satellite HD zapper STB
Jun 2, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Cardiff satellite SoC (STiH237) is powering the new Skyworth Digital HD set-top box. Cardiff is ST’s entry-level satellite set-top-box (STB) platform.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Skyworth, Eric Benoit, Darrell Haber, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar Europe Integrates OpenTV's Linux Client Solution From Nagravision
Sep 11, 2010 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it has worked closely with Nagravision to port OpenTV Linux-based client middleware to the EchoStar HDX-600R hybrid digital video recorder (DVR).
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Nagravision, OpenTV, Conditional Access, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria