Digital TV News: David Bouchier
Viacom and Virgin Media extend content partnership in multi-year agreement
Oct 7, 2019 – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) and Virgin Media have agreed a distribution deal in the UK and Ireland spanning TV channels, on-demand rights and new streaming applications. Virgin Media will add My5, Pluto TV and MTV Play to the app section of its UI for the first time.
News categories: Virgin Media, Viacom, David Bouchier, Arran Tindall, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK
Virgin Media's live UHD coverage of Roland-Garros first in UK with HDR
May 25, 2019 – Virgin Media will become the first UK TV platform to broadcast an event in 4K UHD with HDR when Eurosport’s coverage of Roland-Garros starts on May 26. Virgin Media will use Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) technology in the transmissions to its V6 set top box.
News categories: Virgin Media, Eurosport, David Bouchier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UK
Eros Now integrated with Virgin TV connected boxes
Feb 28, 2019 – Eros Now (NYSE:EROS) has announced an integration deal with Virgin Media in the United Kingdom. The premium Indian OTT app will be available on Virgin TV connected boxes as part of its 'Desi Pack' with effect from February 28, 2019.
News categories: Eros Now, Virgin Media, Rishika Lulla Singh, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Virgin Media reveals connected entertainment line-up
Nov 30, 2016 – Virgin Media has lifted the cover off of its new connected entertainment line-up. Virgin TV has launched its 4K-ready V6 box, powered by TiVo software, and a TellyTablet designed as a personal TV for watching in HD.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Tablet, UK
Virgin Media begins update of TiVo STBs
Aug 12, 2016 – Virgin Media has announced a major platform update for its TV customers. A new feature called Series Link+ will allow customers to pull together more of the TV they love into one place - from live TV channels, on demand and online services like Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV