Digital TV News: David Cohen
Consumers prefer ads on Connected TV to those on Linear TV
Dec 21, 2018 – Ads served on Connected TV devices tend to decrease ad overload, and according to a study from MAGNA, they also create more positive emotions and increase engagement for viewers across all age groups as compared to Linear TV.
News categories: MAGNA, David Cohen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
FreeWheel launches advanced advertising suite for the new TV landscape
Oct 15, 2018 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced the launch of FreeWheel’s DRIVE, a suite of advanced advertising solutions designed to help marketers reach consumers across emerging forms of TV using advanced data and measurement capabilities.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Clark, David Cohen, Noah Levine, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
NBCUniversal advertising metric measures viewing across both linear and digital
Apr 5, 2018 – NBCUniversal has announced a unified advertising metric, measuring all live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions on every viewing platform. Called CFlight, the metric delivers a comprehensive representation of advertising exposure within full episodes of shows across all screens.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Linda Yaccarino, Lyle Schwartz, David Cohen, John Swift, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
MAGNA partners with Roku to deliver targeted advertising to OTT audiences
Jan 25, 2017 – MAGNA, a unit of IPG Mediabrands, has announced a partnership with Roku to deliver targeted advertising to OTT audiences. Through the partnership IPG Mediabrands clients will gain access to the advertising capabilities of the Roku platform.
News categories: MAGNA Global, Roku, IPG Mediabrands, David Cohen, Scott Rosenberg, Advertising, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
3DFusion NO-Glasses 3D Display Technology is Accepted By Industry Experts as Commercially Ready
Nov 18, 2010 – On Oct. 27th, 2010, 3DFusion participated in the Kagan/Panasonic 3D Media Markets event at the Waldorf Astoria, organized by PK World Media. The overall consensus was that 3D without glasses is 5 to 10 years away.
News categories: 3DFusion, VR
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan