Digital TV News: David Godfrey
iflix selects Bitmovin to deliver HD experience to mobile subscribers
Apr 10, 2018 – Bitmovin has announced that iflix will use Bitmovin encoding to enable the delivery of TV shows, movies and sport in high definition video over low bandwidth mobile networks across the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
News categories: Bitmovin, iflix, David Godfrey, Emmanuel Frenehard, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, NABShow, OTT
KT and SK Broadband launch UHD with Elemental
May 25, 2016 – Elemental has announced that KT and SK Broadband have both launched UHD services using Elemental HEVC software. Asia represents one of the world’s fastest growing UHD markets, with Korea reported as the largest UHD TV market in the region.
News categories: Elemental, KT, SK Broadband, David Godfrey, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite
Elemental enables OTT delivery for Hong Kong's TVB
Jan 26, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), Hong Kong's largest independent broadcaster, is using Elemental software to process and manage live linear broadcast channels for its OTT content service.
News categories: Elemental, TVB, David Godfrey, Garry Kum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Elemental video processing powers service expansion for TrueVisions
Feb 17, 2014 – Elemental Technologies has announced that TrueVisions, Thailand’s pay TV leader and one of the largest cable operators in South Asia, is enlarging its Elemental installation to power the expansion of its HD and multiscreen services.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, TrueVisions, Vichai Sernvongsat, David Godfrey, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, Thailand, TV Everywhere
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform