Digital TV News: David Price
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2021, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEGIF Kicks off 3DTV Working Group at CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – The MPEG Industry Forum (MPEGIF) has announced the date for the first inaugural meeting of its recently launched 3DTV Working Group. This meeting will be held during CES 2010 on Saturday, January 9 at the MGM Conference Center.
News categories: MPEGIF, CES2021, VR
Harmonic to Demonstrate New Solutions for Multi-Screen Video at IBC 2009
Aug 28, 2009 – At IBC 2009, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase its comprehensive solution portfolio for video delivery to a variety of devices, including the TV, PC, iPhone, and other mobile devices.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase
Cinea, Harmonic, and NDS Developing Integrated Solution for VOD Markets
Sep 12, 2008 – Cinea (NYSE: DLB), Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) and NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) have announced that they are developing an integrated VOD solution which harnesses Cinea's Running Marks™ watermarking, Harmonic's VOD, and NDS's VideoGuard® conditional access.
News categories: Cinea, Harmonic Inc, NDS Group, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Watermarking
Harmonic Demonstrates Leading Video Delivery Technologies at ANGA Cable 2008
May 22, 2008 – At ANGA Cable 2008, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) solutions on display will include compelling 1080p HD compression as part of a comprehensive digital headend, video-on-demand (VOD), ad insertion and fiber-deep HFC transmission equipment.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, ANGA COM, Content Distribution
Harmonic Showcases Innovative IPTV Solutions at TelcoTV 2007
Oct 22, 2007 – At TelcoTV 2007 booth #215, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will present a full range of versatile and innovative solutions for IP-based telco video delivery that enable a variety of advanced broadcast and on-demand services.
News categories: Harmonic, Content Distribution, IPTV
Over 20 MPEG Industry Members Exhibiting at IBC 2007
Aug 23, 2007 – The MPEG Industry Forum is pleased to announce that 23 member companies will be exhibiting at IBC 2007 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, between Friday, 7 September and Tuesday, 11 September 2007.
News categories: Digital TV, IBCShowcase
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020