Digital TV News: David Sandford
Four million international subscribers for TiVo
Nov 9, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that the company has surpassed 4 million international subscriptions through its traditional TiVo offering, as the result of accelerated subscription growth in Europe.
News categories: TiVo Inc, David Sandford, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Spain's ONO to upgrade to latest TiVo APIs
Mar 2, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that, after the acquisition of ONO by Vodafone Spain, ONO's Intelligent TV service will be expanded in Spain and TiVo's platform will be upgraded to take advantage of TiVo's latest generation of capabilities.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Vodafone, David Sandford, Patricia Ferruz, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain
Cubiware debuts Ultra HD on TiVo-compatible client
Sep 13, 2014 – Cubiware has announced the successful integration of its pay-TV middleware with a TiVo-compatible demonstration client that has been upgraded to include decoding support for HEVC Ultra HD video.
News categories: Cubiware, TiVo Inc, Jakub Górski, David Sandford, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ONO taps TiVo's cloud services
Sep 13, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Spain's ONO have announced an expansion of their successful TiVo deployment by leveraging TiVo's cloud service APIs to enhance customers' TV viewing experience on multiple screens.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Grupo Corporativo ONO, David Sandford, Nick Ontiveros, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Spain, TV Everywhere
TiVo® surpasses 2.5 million subscribers in Europe
Mar 13, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that TiVo has surpassed 2.5 million subscribers across Europe as consumers in the UK, Spain and Sweden embrace the TiVo experience offered by Virgin Media, ONO, and Com Hem, respectively.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Cable ONE Selects TiVo to Provide Advanced Television Experience
Nov 28, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Cable ONE have announced that Cable ONE has selected TiVo as its exclusive software provider for all new DVRs purchased starting with TiVo's whole-home and multi-screen suite of products.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable ONE, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TiVo and Midcontinent Announce Strategic Partnership
Oct 11, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Midcontinent Communications have announced that Midcontinent has selected TiVo to provide its next-generation television experience including TiVo's whole-home and multi-screen suite of products.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Midcontinent, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo to Deliver Advanced Television for GCI
Aug 21, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and General Communication, Inc. (NASDAQ: GNCMA) have announced that GCI has selected TiVo to exclusively provide GCI's next-gen whole home television solution and user experience for its advanced TV offerings across every screen.
News categories: TiVo Inc, General Communication, Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Cardio from SeaChange and TiVo Delivers Advanced Video-on-Demand Experience
Aug 15, 2012 – SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC) and TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) have announced availability of their joint Cardio solution for cable TV operators to deliver advanced video-on-demand to subscribers using TiVo set-tops including the latest multi-tuner DVR models.
News categories: SeaChange, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers