Digital TV News: David Sandford
Four million international subscribers for TiVo
Nov 9, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that the company has surpassed 4 million international subscriptions through its traditional TiVo offering, as the result of accelerated subscription growth in Europe.
News categories: TiVo Inc, David Sandford, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Spain's ONO to upgrade to latest TiVo APIs
Mar 2, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that, after the acquisition of ONO by Vodafone Spain, ONO's Intelligent TV service will be expanded in Spain and TiVo's platform will be upgraded to take advantage of TiVo's latest generation of capabilities.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Vodafone, David Sandford, Patricia Ferruz, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain
Cubiware debuts Ultra HD on TiVo-compatible client
Sep 13, 2014 – Cubiware has announced the successful integration of its pay-TV middleware with a TiVo-compatible demonstration client that has been upgraded to include decoding support for HEVC Ultra HD video.
News categories: Cubiware, TiVo Inc, Jakub Górski, David Sandford, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ONO taps TiVo's cloud services
Sep 13, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Spain's ONO have announced an expansion of their successful TiVo deployment by leveraging TiVo's cloud service APIs to enhance customers' TV viewing experience on multiple screens.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Grupo Corporativo ONO, David Sandford, Nick Ontiveros, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Spain, TV Everywhere
TiVo® surpasses 2.5 million subscribers in Europe
Mar 13, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that TiVo has surpassed 2.5 million subscribers across Europe as consumers in the UK, Spain and Sweden embrace the TiVo experience offered by Virgin Media, ONO, and Com Hem, respectively.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Cable ONE Selects TiVo to Provide Advanced Television Experience
Nov 28, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Cable ONE have announced that Cable ONE has selected TiVo as its exclusive software provider for all new DVRs purchased starting with TiVo's whole-home and multi-screen suite of products.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable ONE, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TiVo and Midcontinent Announce Strategic Partnership
Oct 11, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Midcontinent Communications have announced that Midcontinent has selected TiVo to provide its next-generation television experience including TiVo's whole-home and multi-screen suite of products.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Midcontinent, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo to Deliver Advanced Television for GCI
Aug 21, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and General Communication, Inc. (NASDAQ: GNCMA) have announced that GCI has selected TiVo to exclusively provide GCI's next-gen whole home television solution and user experience for its advanced TV offerings across every screen.
News categories: TiVo Inc, General Communication, Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Cardio from SeaChange and TiVo Delivers Advanced Video-on-Demand Experience
Aug 15, 2012 – SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC) and TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) have announced availability of their joint Cardio solution for cable TV operators to deliver advanced video-on-demand to subscribers using TiVo set-tops including the latest multi-tuner DVR models.
News categories: SeaChange, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation