Digital TV News: Deloitte
UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
Jun 21, 2017 – The combined revenues of the 100 largest media and entertainment companies in the UK increased to a new record of £96.3bn in the last financial year, according to Deloitte. TV Production and Distribution was the most profitable sub-sector.
News categories: Deloitte, Dan Ison, Paul Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Deloitte releases 2017 Digital Democracy Survey
Mar 22, 2017 – American consumers' status as a binge watching, streaming, multitasking nation enters 2017 with strong momentum according to Deloitte. Social media has evolved and is being used to discover new content, get news and resolve customer service issues.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Social TV, USA
Deloitte releases TMT India Predictions 2017
Feb 13, 2017 – The changing multi-screen consumption pattern and demand for more choice of content will compel M&E companies to choose OTT platforms that deliver live, linear and on-demand TV and film content supported by subscription video on demand, advertising, rental and electronic sell-through (EST) business models.
News categories: Deloitte, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Hillcrest Labs Introduces Kylo™: The Web Browser for Television
Mar 22, 2010 – Hillcrest Labs has launched the Kylo™ browser - a web browser for TV. Developed for households that connect their PCs or Macs to the TV, Kylo lets users visit any site on the web with a browser that was specifically designed to be viewed from a distance.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, OTT, Smart Home, Software
Deloitte Digital Index: tracking the pace of digitisation in the UK for the first time
Jun 4, 2008 – Deloitte has launched the Deloitte Digital Index, measuring, tracking and anticipating changes in the consumer take-up of digital products and services in the UK.
News categories: Deloitte, Broadband, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT, Terrestrial, UK
Espial's Evo IPTV Middleware Surpasses One Million Subscriber Units
Mar 5, 2007 – Espial IPTV has achieved an important company milestone by surpassing one million subscriber unit shipments for its Evo® family of IPTV products.
News categories: Espial, IPTV, Middleware, Subscribers, Video Exchange
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'