Digital TV News: Derek Chang
Montage LZ selects Rambus CryptoMedia Core to secure STB ICs
Nov 1, 2018 – Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that its CryptoMedia core has been selected for integration into Montage LZ set-top box chips. The security core provides smart-card level security inside the chipset, eliminating the need for a separate smart card.
News categories: Rambus, Montage LZ, Dr. Martin Scott, Derek Chang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Spending on pay TV and VOD to hit $314 billion in 2017
May 4, 2017 – Global spending on consumer video media services will total $314 billion in 2017, a 4.2% increase from 2016, according to Gartner. Pay-TV is the largest spending segment and representing 90% of the total market.
News categories: Gartner, Fernando Elizalde, Derek O'Donnell, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
Ericsson expands DVR services for VTR Chile and Liberty Puerto Rico
Sep 26, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has concluded a new deal with VTR in Chile and Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico. With Ericsson's platform, the operators will be able to expand the reach of their DVR services (Catch-up TV and Restart TV).
News categories: Ericsson, VTR, Liberty Cablevision, Adrian Gioia, Derek Yeaomans, Cable TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Puerto Rico
ARRIS announces first Comcast RDK-based Whole Home Network and Entertainment Gateway
Jan 7, 2013 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced the cable industry's first whole home network and entertainment system: the ARRIS Media Gateway MG2402 based on the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK).
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Smart Home, USA
SCTE announces first two energy standards for cable industry
Jul 31, 2012 – The SCTE has announced formal adoption of SCTE 184 and SCTE 186, the first two standards for energy management in cable telecommunications. The standards have been created to help reduce energy consumption and costs within operations facilities.
News categories: Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Cable TV, Content Distribution
Conax Wins Grupo TV Cable, Ecuador Contract
Jul 31, 2012 – Conax has announced a contract with Grupo TV Cable in Ecuador. With set-top box provider Evolution Digital, Conax has deployed content security to enable TV Cable's digital migration and additional services such as pre-paid voucher and pay-per-view.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Grupo TV Cable, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ecuador, Set Top Box
DIRECTV and Panasonic Launch U.S.'s First Suite of 3D Channels
Jul 1, 2010 – DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) and Panasonic (NYSE: PC) have launched three 3D channels, including n3D™ powered by Panasonic - a linear channel dedicated exclusively to 3D programming and viewable on 3D television sets.
News categories: DIRECTV, Panasonic, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, USA, VR
DIRECTV Extends Its HD lead With Over 160 HD Channels
Apr 20, 2010 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) continues to deliver more full time HD channels than any other television provider in the nation with the addition of over 30 new HD channels. The new channels will begin rolling out in May.
News categories: DIRECTV, Satellite, USA
Hollywood Studios and Cable Companies Launch Campaign to Promote Movies on Demand
Mar 17, 2010 – The U.S.'s major Hollywood studios and cable companies have joined forces for a push to expand consumer awareness of the value offered by Movies On Demand®, a service that provides a way to rent box office hits on cable.
News categories: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing, Movies On Demand, Cable TV, OTT, USA
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient