Digital TV News: Derek Chang
Montage LZ selects Rambus CryptoMedia Core to secure STB ICs
Nov 1, 2018 – Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that its CryptoMedia core has been selected for integration into Montage LZ set-top box chips. The security core provides smart-card level security inside the chipset, eliminating the need for a separate smart card.
News categories: Rambus, Montage LZ, Dr. Martin Scott, Derek Chang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
DIRECTV and Panasonic Launch U.S.'s First Suite of 3D Channels
Jul 1, 2010 – DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) and Panasonic (NYSE: PC) have launched three 3D channels, including n3D™ powered by Panasonic - a linear channel dedicated exclusively to 3D programming and viewable on 3D television sets.
News categories: DIRECTV, Panasonic, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, USA, VR
DIRECTV Extends Its HD lead With Over 160 HD Channels
Apr 20, 2010 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) continues to deliver more full time HD channels than any other television provider in the nation with the addition of over 30 new HD channels. The new channels will begin rolling out in May.
News categories: DIRECTV, Satellite, USA
- Beeline chooses Broadpeak CDNs for TV Everywhere service
- AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
- Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
- Discovery partners with SpotX for TVE advertising over the holidays
- Brightcove releases research on consumer video streaming preferences
- ATEME enable ATSC 3.0 field research at NAB/CTA test site in Cleveland
- Comscore extends relationship with Scripps to full TV station group deal
- Innovation drives Korea to become a Top 10 video market
- beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to Eutelsat
- Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
- Euskaltel offers telecom services in Catalonia through the RACC
- Sling TV first vMVPD on Oculus Go VR headset
- Alphonso launches local TV ad analytics and attribution
- Synamedia solution helps combat rapid rise in OTT account sharing
- 3SS launches 3READY Assistant to augment its Android TV launcher
- EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
- Appetite for streaming in the Nordics continues to grow
- Demand for Netflix Originals set to overtake licensed titles in the U.S.
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released