Digital TV News: Deutsche TV-Plattform
Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
Oct 22, 2020 – Around 4.1 million smart TV sets were sold in Germany in the first nine months of 2020 according to GfK Retail & Technology - almost 14 percent more than in the previous year (Q1-Q3 2019: 3.6 million).
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
Oct 21, 2020 – Deutsche TV-Plattform is launching an initiative to prepare a market launch of the new version of the CI Plus Interface - CI+ 2.0. CI Plus modules will be based on USB from version 2.0 onwards.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
Dec 5, 2019 – Fincons Group has joined Deutsche TV-Plattform, the German non-profit association whose purpose, since its foundation in 1990, is to introduce, disseminate and further develop digital Television in Germany.
News categories: Fincons Group, Deutsche TV-Plattform, Michele Moretti, Andre Prahl, Germany, HbbTV
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
Deutsche TV-Plattform publishes requirements for HbbTV 2 terminals in Germany
Mar 27, 2019 – Deutsche TV-Plattform has published minimum requirements for HbbTV 2 terminals for the German market. The specification defines the required technical profile for a range of new services planned by TV channels in Germany starting in the second half of 2019.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Opera TV debuts HbbTV 2.0 SDK for TV and STB manufacturers
Aug 27, 2015 – Opera TV will soon start shipping its Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) 2.0 software development kit (SDK) to TV manufacturers and set-top-box OEMs, enabling them to get to market with HbbTV-2.0-compliant devices.
News categories: Opera TV, HbbTV Association, Frode Hernes, Klaus Illgner, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche TV-Plattform Hybrid-TV/Smart-TV White Book available for download
Mar 12, 2013 – The proportion of devices offering Internet services in addition to linear television on the TV screen is constantly increasing. The publication 'White Book Hybrid-TV / Smart-TV' from German TV-Platform (Deutsche TV-Plattform), offers an overview of recent developments of technology and market, and is now available in English for download.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Apps, Germany, HbbTV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico