Digital TV News: Deutsche Welle
Globecast launches HOTBIRD platform with DW HD as first customer
Aug 27, 2019 – Globecast has announced a new HOTBIRD platform to satisfy growing demand generated by the move from SD to HD. Deutsche Welle (DW) is the first customer to take advantage, launching its English language HD channel via the service.
News categories: Globecast, Eutelsat, Deutsche Welle, Samuel Lemercier, Aymeric Genty, Hubert Czaja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
ACCESS TV browsers pre-integrated by Foxxum
May 23, 2017 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its portfolio of TV browsers are being pre-integrated by the Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum. The partnership aims to improve the quality of experience of Foxxum’s Smart TV App Store on Linux and Android devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Foxxum, Dr. Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
Opera TV join forces with JW Player
May 2, 2017 – Opera TV has announced JW Player as its newest Opera TV Snap partner. Together, Opera TV Snap and JW Player will enable JW Players’ over two million supported websites to package online video channels into ready-to-run TV apps.
News categories: Opera TV, JW Player, Daniel Nordberg, Dave Otten, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mega-Choice Digital launches in Ghana on Eutelsat 16A
Jan 25, 2017 – Mega-Choice Digital Network has officially launched its Direct-to-Home TV service in Ghana. A ten-year contract has been inked with Eutelsat Communications (Paris: ETL) for capacity on EUTELSAT 16A.
News categories: Eutelsat, Mega-Choice, Michel Azibert, Dr. Chief Crystal-Djirackor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite
Opera TV provides end-to-end OTT app generator for broadcasters
Jul 14, 2016 – Opera TV has announced the launch of the latest update to its TV app technology, Opera TV Snap 3.0. The latest version brings a complete end-to-end over-the-top (OTT) app generator for broadcasters, content providers, and video on demand (VOD) services.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
SES now broadcasting eight commercial Ultra HD channels
Feb 26, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the year ended 31 December 2015. SES' technical reach in prime video neighbourhoods contributed to an 11.3% increase in total TV channels broadcast over SES satellites to 7,268 channels.
News categories: SES S.A, Africa, Content Distribution, Europe, Latin America, North America, Results, Satellite
OTE TV Via Satellite launches in Greece
Oct 17, 2011 – OTE (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) of Greece has announced its 'OTE TV Via Satellite' service and is integrating all of its pay TV services under one brand name, OTE TV. OTE's IPTV service 'Conn-x TV' has become 'OTE TV via Conn-x'.
News categories: OTE TV, OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
StarHub TV to go into full digital mode
Feb 17, 2009 – From 30th June 2009, all StarHub TV customers will enjoy digital-quality reception of TV programmes and a suite of interactive services on TV as StarHub goes into full digital mode with the cessation of all analogue transmissions.
News categories: StarHub, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
conn-x TV - Television From OTE!
Feb 9, 2009 – With 'take control' as its motto, OTE (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) presents conn-x TV. An innovative service for watching Greek and Foreign TV channels as well as films on demand, is offered for the first time in a wide scale in Greece.
News categories: OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos