Digital TV News: Deutsche Glasfaser
RFT kabel plans IPTV service in cooperation with BrightBlue
Mar 28, 2019 – German network operator, RFT kabel, has announced that it is planning to add an IPTV service to its portfolio via a strategic partnership with BrightBlue. BrightBlue's technology offers a TV solution tailor-made for cable TV operators.
News categories: BrightBlue, RFT kabel, Uwe Nickl, Stefan Tiemann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box
Deutsche Glasfaser selects Amino for next wave of DGTV deployments
Sep 16, 2017 – Amino has announced that it has been chosen by Deutsche Glasfaser, the largest provider of fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) networks in Germany, to support the second phase rollout of its next-generation TV platform.
News categories: Amino, Deutsche Glasfaser, Mark Evensen, Uwe Nickl, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Agama Technologies selected by Deutsche Glasfaser
Sep 6, 2016 – Agama has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser is implementing Agama's video service assurance solution. Deutsche Glasfaser operates Germany's most far-reaching independent open access FTTH networks along with an IPTV platform.
News categories: Agama, Deutsche Glasfaser, Mikael Dahlgren, Niels Jonkman, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
Nearly 15 million FTTH/B subscribers in Europe
Feb 11, 2015 – The number of fibre to the home (FTTH) and fibre to the building (FTTB) subscribers in Europe has soared, increasing by 50% over the 12 months ending December 2014, according to the FTTH Council Europe.
News categories: FTTH Council, Karin Ahl, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
24i and Unified Streaming provide app and content for Deutsche Glasfaser fibre TV
Nov 4, 2014 – App developer 24i and streaming-platform provider Unified Streaming have collaborated on an OTT TV-Everywhere service for German fibre operator Deutsche Glasfaser. The Dutch companies have co-operated to deliver a seamless back-end to front-end solution.
News categories: 24i, Unified Streaming, Deutsche Glasfaser, Jacob Zwagemaker, Simon Westbroek, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Deutsche Glasfaser selects Verimatrix for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) to provide revenue security for its linear TV, radio, VOD and multiscreen services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Deutsche Glasfaser, Niels Jonkman, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IBC2019, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Deutsche Glasfaser selects ABOX42 STB for fibre TV in Germany
Sep 9, 2014 – ABOX42 has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser has selected ABOX42's M-Series SmartSTB platform for its 'DGTV' service. Deutsche Glasfaser is one of the first major operators to deliver a full live IPTV service using unicast technologies.
News categories: ABOX42, Deutsche Glasfaser, Niels Jonkman, Matthias Greve, Content Protection, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, IPTV, Set Top Box
Elemental powers Deutsche Glasfaser linear and multiscreen TV
Aug 25, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser, a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network provider, is using Elemental video processing for delivery of linear TV, radio, video-on-demand (VOD) and multiscreen services to regional subscribers in Germany.
News categories: Elemental, Deutsche Glasfaser, Niels Jonkman, John Nemeth, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IBC2019, IPTV, Mobile
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019