Digital TV News: Dialog
Dialog Axiata adds Eros Now to its ViU OTT app in Sri Lanka
Jun 28, 2018 – Dialog Axiata has announced a partnership with Eros International to launch its premier Video Over The Top (OTT) platform, Eros Now. The deal allows users in Sri Lanka to browse through over 20,000 hours of original Indian content in over 10 languages.
News categories: Eros International, Dialog Axiata, Rishika Lulla Singh, Mangala Hettiarachchi, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Sri Lanka
Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
Feb 7, 2018 – Sky, Adobe Systems, TVbeat and Alphonso have formed a thought leadership consortium that will work with the European TV industry to explore opportunities enabled by developments in measurement, metrics and data.
News categories: Sky Media, Adobe, TVBeat, Alphonso, Jamie West, Philip Duffield, Abbas Tahzib, TS Kelly, Jon Chase, Katty Roberfroid, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
CTA publishes Recommended Practice for ATSC 3.0 television sets
Sep 27, 2017 – The Consumer Technology Association's (CTA) Technology & Standards Fall Forum kicked off with the publication of guidelines to improve the capabilities of TV sets decoding ATSC 3.0 signals. The guidelines aim to help improve the user-experience.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Brian Markwalter, ATSC, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
TiVo introduces personalized content discovery with voice search
Jul 25, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) has introduced a fully-integrated Personalized Content Discovery platform. The platform provides content discovery features that combine the power of TiVo’s conversational voice search with personalized search and recommendations.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Pratik Patel, Colin Dixon, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
South Korea launches UHD TV with MPEG-H Audio
Jun 1, 2017 – The MPEG-H TV Audio System was the first next-generation audio codec worldwide to go on air 24/7 as South Korea launched its 4K UHD TV on May 31. The service includes immersive and interactive sound, thanks to the MPEG-H standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
Verizon Digital Media Services integrates Dolby Audio
Apr 24, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services and Dolby have announced that encoding and playback of Dolby Audio will be integrated into the Verizon Digital Media Services platform. Dolby Audio will be available as an additional feature of the Uplynk Video Streaming service.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Dolby, Ted Middleton, Mathias Bendull, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
Media entrepreneurs acquire NETIA from Globecast
Jan 11, 2017 – NETIA has announced that its sole shareholder Globecast (part of the Orange group) has sold all its shares in the company to two French media entrepreneurs, Anthony Savelli and Vincent Benveniste.
News categories: NETIA, Radio Act, Thierry Gandilhon, Anthony Savelli, Vincent Benveniste, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Global Virtual Reality Association formed
Dec 7, 2016 – Acer Starbreeze, Google, HTC VIVE, Facebook’s Oculus, Samsung, and Sony Interactive Entertainment have announced the creation of a non-profit organization to promote the growth of the global virtual reality industry.
News categories: Global Virtual Reality Association, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware