Digital TV News: Digital Entertainment Group
U.S. 4K Ultra HD TV sales exceed 1.5 million units in Q1
Apr 29, 2016 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers have purchased more than seven million 4K UHD TVs to date in the brief period since the product came to market, sparking strong demand for content.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Digital Entertainment Group released year-end 2013 U.S. Home Entertainment Report
Jan 7, 2014 – Stability in home entertainment continued for the second straight year in 2013. Results were boosted by the growing awareness and acceptance of digital services and products offered by both online and brick and mortar retailers.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) Gains Strong Support from Entertainment Companies
Sep 7, 2011 – The Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) has announced that leading entertainment companies have begun integrating the use of EIDR IDs into their digital distribution workflows. These developments signal strong growth in adoption of EIDR IDs.
News categories: Entertainment ID Registry, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA
DEG releases U.S. First Quarter 2011 Home Entertainment Report
May 2, 2011 – According to DEG, Blu-ray Disc hardware increased, with sales up more than 13 percent over first quarter 2010, and nearly seven million HDTVs were sold to U.S. consumers in first quarter 2011, up 11 percent over first quarter 2010.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
DEG Releases Year-End 2010 Home Entertainment Report
Jan 6, 2011 – The 2010 home entertainment market continued to be bolstered by the steady growth of Blu-ray as total U.S. home entertainment spending hit $18.8 billion to close the year, announced DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group at CES.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, CES, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
First Ever Industry-Wide Research Undertaken by Digital Home Entertainment Group Establishes the Industry's Supply Chain Carbon Footprint
Sep 29, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Group Europe (DEGE) has announced completion of the first ever European-wide industry assessment of the carbon footprint of the home entertainment supply chain.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group Europe, Digital TV, Market Research
DLNA Sees Surge in Certified Blu-ray™ Players
Jul 27, 2010 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that the number of DLNA Certified® Blu-ray™ players has nearly doubled in 2010, bringing the total to 105.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Blu-ray, Market Research, Smart Home
U.S. Home Entertainment Has Promising First Quarter Fueled By Blu-ray Sales
Apr 15, 2010 – U.S. Blu-ray Disc software sales continued to rise in the first quarter of 2010, up 74 percent compared to the same period last year according to sales figures for the home entertainment industry released by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
U.S. Home Entertainment Spending Hits $20 Billion
Jan 7, 2010 – The home entertainment market remained stable in 2009. Blu-ray Disc products were the bright spot of the industry with annual software sales and rental transactions hitting $1.5 billion for the first time.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Canada, CES, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry