Digital TV News: Digital TV Group
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Mobile Video Alliance launches in the UK
May 20, 2014 – Participation in the Mobile Video Alliance is open to any organisation that is a member of the UK's Digital TV Group (DTG). The DTG will provide a forum for interested parties to explore the opportunities and challenges associated with the delivery of audio-visual content to mobile devices.
News categories: DTG, George Robertson, Matt Stagg, Michael Winterson, Digital TV, Mobile, UK
DTG Testing scheduled for Freeview Tablet TV UK
Apr 10, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that it has received confirmation that testing of its technology for Freeview Tablet TV by the Digital Technology Group will begin on 28 April.
News categories: Motive Television, DTG Testing, Leonard M Fertig, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
Digital TV Group launches the UK UHD Forum
Aug 1, 2013 – The Digital TV Group has announced the launch of the UK UHD Forum. The group will co-ordinate UK requirements to build a knowledge base for the future interoperability of Ultra HD, and will work hand-in-hand with FAME and other European standards organisations.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
DTG updates Freeview HD specification
Mar 28, 2013 – The Digital TV Group (DTG), the industry association for digital TV in the UK, has published an updated version of the 7th edition of the 'D-Book'--the technical specification for UK digital terrestrial television (Freeview and Freeview HD) and Connected TV.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG Testing test centre tests its first HbbTV product
Nov 23, 2012 – Following registration as an HbbTV test centre, DTG Testing, the digital TV industry's test centre operated by the Digital TV Group (DTG), has successfully tested its first HbbTV product.
News categories: DTG Testing, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, UK
DTG Connected TV specification now openly available to industry
Sep 28, 2012 – The Digital TV Group (DTG), the industry association for digital TV in the UK, has released the second version of D-Book 7 Part B (the technical specification for UK connected TV products and services) to both members and non-members of the DTG.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
SimpleStream to Launch OTT TV Platform in Q2 2012
Mar 21, 2012 – SimpleStream has announced that it is to launch it's own OTT consumer television platform called TVPlayer. SimpleStream will use its OTT technologies and CDN infrastructure to launch TVPlayer initially in the UK this summer.
News categories: SimpleStream, OTT, UK, Video Exchange
DTG unveils next-generation features for Freeview platform
Feb 29, 2012 – The DTG has announced the latest technical specification enhancements for Freeview and Freeview HD - as the digital television industry gathers for its annual Summit on 2 March in London. An updated D-Book will be published on 31 March 2012.
News categories: DTG, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025