Digital TV News: Dirk Wierzbitzki
'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
Jan 23, 2020 – Swisscom has announced that with its ‘Swisscom TV X’ service,it is one of the first to provide an interface that incorporates Netflix programming and TV content. The companies are also working closely together on further innovations.
News categories: Swisscom, Netflix, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Rene Rummel-Mergeryan, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland, UX
Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
Nov 14, 2019 – Swisscom has announced a new Swisscom Box. The box combines traditional television with streaming via a new interface and can be controlled using an integrated Voice Assistant, which also operates smart home devices.
News categories: Swisscom, Urs Schaeppi, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland, UX
Swisscom TV upgrades UX with WLAN-Box and Entertainment OS3
Nov 15, 2017 – Swisscom TV has launched a new user interface for personal entertainment. The new versatile WLAN-Box closes gaps in reception and cuts back on wire, while Swisscom’s Internet Guard improves the protection of customer devices from the dangers on the Internet.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Smart Home, Switzerland
SoftAtHome powers Swisscom Internet Box 2
Dec 15, 2016 – SoftAtHome has announced that its SOP (SoftAtHome Operating Platform) powered Swisscom’s launch last November of subscriber services based around its latest home gateway, the Internet-Box 2.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Swisscom, Frédéric Maizeret, Dirk Wierzbitzki, CES2021, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Switzerland
Swisscom launches UHD TV box
Apr 13, 2016 – Football fans are counting down the days to the start of the 2016 European Championships. Swisscom TV customers now have even more to look forward to. A new TV box will enable them to watch individual games in ultra-high definition (UHD) quality on SRF zwei for the very first time.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Swisscom deploys Ericsson Video Storage and Processing platform
Sep 9, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Swisscom has deployed its Video Storage and Processing Platform to power all of the time-shifted and cloud DVR features of its TV 2.0 offering. Live since April 2014, the highly successful service now has 564,000 subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Swisscom, Elisabetta Romano, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Switzerland
Opera TV Store for Swisscom set-top boxes
Apr 3, 2014 – Opera Software and Swisscom have announced that the Opera TV Store application platform is set to land on Swisscom set-top boxes. It is the first European pay-TV operator to bring the Opera TV Store on board.
News categories: Opera Software, Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system