Digital TV News: Discovery, Inc
SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
May 20, 2019 – As the largest contributor to the programmatic monetization of Jukin Media's ad-supported linear streaming channels, SpotX has helped Jukin Media to gain traction in advertising on its considerable connected TV footprint.
News categories: SpotX, Jukin Media, Geoff Spence, Zach Alter, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
May 15, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and Media Distillery have joined forces to launch and commercialize a pre-integrated AI-based end-to-end platform which enables TV service personalization and a range of benefits for operators and their subscribers.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
May 14, 2019 – Philo has announced an agreement with WOW!, a provider of internet, data, voice, cloud and cable TV in the Midwest and Southeast. Philo's service, at $20 per month, will be available to all of WOW!’s broadband customers beginning mid-year.
News categories: Philo, WOW!, Andrew McCollum, Roger Seiken, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TiVo to separate Product and IP Licensing businesses
May 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has approved a plan to separate its Product and IP Licensing businesses. TiVo intends to spin out its Product business to shareholders and the company will continue to be open to strategic transactions for each business.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Raghu Rau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Patent, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Joyn free TV streaming platform for Germany to start in June 2019
May 8, 2019 – In June 2019, Joyn (formerly 7TV), the app featuring Germany’s biggest range of Free-TV content, will be launched. Joyn, the joint venture of ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery, offers live streams from over 50 TV channels plus an extensive on-demand offering.
News categories: 7TV, Alexandar Vassilev, Katja Hofem, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
nanocosmos and Videon partner to offer ultra low latency live streaming
May 6, 2019 – nanocosmos and Videon have announced that they are partnering to provide an ultra low latency live streaming workflow based on Videon's edge compute encoder technology and nanocosmos' ultra low latency live streaming nanoStream Cloud.
News categories: Videon, nanocosmos, Todd Erdley, Oliver Lietz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Espial reports First Quarter 2019 results
May 2, 2019 – Espial (TSX: ESP) has announced results for the three-month period ended March 31, 2019. First quarter revenue was $6.1 million. First quarter adjusted EBITDA was a loss of $0.6 million. Net loss was $1.5 million.
News categories: Espial, Jaison Dolvane, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Worldwide
Altice USA video RGUs down 10k in 1Q 2019; Introduces Altice One 3.0
May 2, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019. The company lost 10k video RGUs in the quarter. A major update to Altice One was introduced in April 2019 with the launch of the Operating System 3.0.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy