Digital TV News: Discretix
Discretix content protection shipped in more than 250 million devices
Mar 31, 2014 – Discretix has announced that the widespread deployment of HD content and OTT services has led to a rapid adoption of its hardware assisted DRM and link protection solutions.
News categories: Discretix, Coby Sella, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research, Worldwide
Opera Software partners with Discretix for OTT HD on connected TVs
Mar 17, 2014 – Discretix and Opera have announced a partnership to bring secure OTT HD content and services to connected TVs, utilizing HTML5 to reduce the effort needed to support services across multiple entertainment devices.
News categories: Discretix, Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Yossi Hermush, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek selects Discretix as content protection provider for Android smartphones
Jul 31, 2013 – MediaTek and Discretix have announced a partnership to offer fully-integrated DRM and Link Protection solutions on MediaTek's latest Smartphone Platforms. The partnership provides MediaTek's customers with content protection ready for premium video services.
News categories: Discretix, MediaTek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Discretix and VisualOn Introduce SecurePlayer 2.0 at NAB Show
Apr 4, 2013 – Discretix and VisualOn have announced the release of SecurePlayer™ 2.0 at the NAB Show. SecurePlayer 2.0 is a media player for smartphones and tablets offering DRM security and high-quality video and audio playback for protected content.
News categories: Discretix, VisualOn, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Discretix Partners with Verimatrix on PlayReady® MultiScreen Content Protection
Sep 5, 2012 – Discretix has confirmed full interoperability between the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and its SecurePlayer™, enabling Verimatrix customers to distribute PlayReady protected streams to a wide range of platforms and devices.
News categories: Discretix, Verimatrix, Content Protection, DRM, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT
Skyviia Showcases Advanced Multi-Screen STB SoC Solutions at IBC 2012
Aug 16, 2012 – At IBC 2012, Skyviia Corporation will debut the company's performance-driven SV8870 multimedia System-on-Chip (SoC) as well as showing its globally deployed price-driven SV8860 HD multimedia decoder.
News categories: Skyviia, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cryptography Research and Discretix Sign Developer Agreement for DPA Countermeasures
Jul 10, 2012 – Cryptography Research and Discretix have announced that they have entered into an agreement enabling Discretix to develop products incorporating Differential Power Analysis (DPA) countermeasures for use by licensees of CRI's DPA patents.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Discretix, Content Protection, Mobile, Silicon IP
Discretix Content Protection Incorporated in Qualcomm's Snapdragon StudioAccess™ Technology
Jun 25, 2012 – Discretix has announced that its DRM and Link Protection have been incorporated into Qualcomm's (Nasdaq: QCOM) Snapdragon StudioAccess™ technology. The combination transforms any mobile device into a personal media center with the ability to securely share and view premium content.
News categories: Discretix, Qualcomm, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smartphone
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5