Digital TV News: DishTV India
Dish TV India deploys MediaKind video processing platform
Dec 20, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that DishTV India will deploy the MediaKind AVP 4000 video processing platform to deliver enhanced, next-generation immersive experiences to over 23.5 million subscribers.
News categories: MediaKind, DishTV India, Anil Dua, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Dish TV India adds 508,000 subscribers in 1Q 2016
May 23, 2016 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV) has reported fourth quarter fiscal 2016 results. The company added 508 thousand net subscribers during the quarter to close with a net subscriber base of 14.5 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
DishTV and ALi Corp partner for DTH in India
Apr 15, 2016 – ALi Corporation and DishTV India have joined forces in a strategic partnership. The partnership project is based on ALi's STB technology including security tailored specifically to the India market.
News categories: ALi Corp, DishTV India, Tony Chang, V K Gupta, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DishTV India selects Wyplay's Frog Turnkey Middleware
Mar 15, 2016 – DishTV has selected Wyplay to provide its Frog Turnkey Middleware and associated value added services on their set-top boxes. Dish TV’s customers will have access to an end-to-end offering from back-end broadcast services to an advanced client.
News categories: Wyplay, DishTV, Jacques Bourgninaud, V.K. Gupta, Digital TV, HTML5, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
DishTV launches DishFlix Push VOD in India
Aug 18, 2015 – DishTV has announced the launch of DishFlix, its Push VOD service. The service will not require an internet connection as the content will be pushed to the customer’s STB through satellite. Customers need to buy a DishFlix Box that comes preloaded with 50 movies.
News categories: DishTV, R.C Venkateish, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Dishtv India crosses the 10 million subscriber mark
Feb 24, 2011 – Dishtv has became Asia's first DTH company to acquire 10 million subscribers. Dishtv attained this leadership position with an unparalleled over 1 million subscriber additions in less than three months.
News categories: Dishtv, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Dishtv India adds 544 thousand subscribers in 4Q09
Jan 22, 2010 – Dish TV India (NSE: DISHTV EQ, BSE: 532839) added 0.55 million new gross subscribers during the quarter ended December 2009. As on December 31 2009, Dishtv had a gross subscriber base of 6.4 million and net subscriber base of 5.3 million.
News categories: Dishtv, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dishtv India launches Personal live TV on the move
Jan 14, 2010 – Dishtv (NSE: DISHTV EQ, BSE: 532839), India's No. 1 direct-to-home company, has launched a revolutionary service in the area of Live TV on the move. The service called 'Personal Live TV' on Move brings 70 satellite TV channels to each seat of the vehicle.
News categories: Dishtv, Digital TV, In-Car, India, Satellite
- 29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
- Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance to debut at NAB Show 2019
- Cablecolor partners with moTV for hybrid TV in Honduras
- Global theatrical and home entertainment market at $96.8bn in 2018
- 24i Media acquires StreamOne
- Tencent Video subscriptions up 58% to 89 million at end-2018
- TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
- Local online video actors particularly strong in the Nordics
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019