Digital TV News: DishTV India
Dish TV India to launch hybrid set-top box with Amazon Prime Video
Oct 7, 2019 – Dish TV India has collaborated with Amazon Prime Video to offer Prime Video app to its Dish TV and d2h subscribers on its soon-to-be-launched hybrid set-top box. Through the deal, Dish TV and d2h subscribers will be able to seamlessly access Amazon Prime Video app on their TV.
News categories: Dish TV India, Prime Video, Anil Dua, Gaurav Gandhi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box
Dish TV India deploys MediaKind video processing platform
Dec 20, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that DishTV India will deploy the MediaKind AVP 4000 video processing platform to deliver enhanced, next-generation immersive experiences to over 23.5 million subscribers.
News categories: MediaKind, DishTV India, Anil Dua, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Dish TV India adds 508,000 subscribers in 1Q 2016
May 23, 2016 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV) has reported fourth quarter fiscal 2016 results. The company added 508 thousand net subscribers during the quarter to close with a net subscriber base of 14.5 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
DishTV and ALi Corp partner for DTH in India
Apr 15, 2016 – ALi Corporation and DishTV India have joined forces in a strategic partnership. The partnership project is based on ALi's STB technology including security tailored specifically to the India market.
News categories: ALi Corp, DishTV India, Tony Chang, V K Gupta, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DishTV India selects Wyplay's Frog Turnkey Middleware
Mar 15, 2016 – DishTV has selected Wyplay to provide its Frog Turnkey Middleware and associated value added services on their set-top boxes. Dish TV’s customers will have access to an end-to-end offering from back-end broadcast services to an advanced client.
News categories: Wyplay, DishTV, Jacques Bourgninaud, V.K. Gupta, Digital TV, HTML5, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
DishTV launches DishFlix Push VOD in India
Aug 18, 2015 – DishTV has announced the launch of DishFlix, its Push VOD service. The service will not require an internet connection as the content will be pushed to the customer’s STB through satellite. Customers need to buy a DishFlix Box that comes preloaded with 50 movies.
News categories: DishTV, R.C Venkateish, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Dishtv India crosses the 10 million subscriber mark
Feb 24, 2011 – Dishtv has became Asia's first DTH company to acquire 10 million subscribers. Dishtv attained this leadership position with an unparalleled over 1 million subscriber additions in less than three months.
News categories: Dishtv, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Dishtv India adds 544 thousand subscribers in 4Q09
Jan 22, 2010 – Dish TV India (NSE: DISHTV EQ, BSE: 532839) added 0.55 million new gross subscribers during the quarter ended December 2009. As on December 31 2009, Dishtv had a gross subscriber base of 6.4 million and net subscriber base of 5.3 million.
News categories: Dishtv, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dishtv India launches Personal live TV on the move
Jan 14, 2010 – Dishtv (NSE: DISHTV EQ, BSE: 532839), India's No. 1 direct-to-home company, has launched a revolutionary service in the area of Live TV on the move. The service called 'Personal Live TV' on Move brings 70 satellite TV channels to each seat of the vehicle.
News categories: Dishtv, Digital TV, In-Car, India, Satellite
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'