Digital TV News: DishTV
Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 14, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. The Company added 42 thousand subscribers at a net level during the period. The total net subscriber base finished at 23.94 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
Oct 11, 2019 – Dish TV India has launched an Android-based HD Set Top Box and a Voice enabled Alexa Built-in smart kit. The smart kit dongle allows subscribers to access OTT Apps and Alexa skills on their existing set top boxes.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Dish TV India to launch hybrid set-top box with Amazon Prime Video
Oct 7, 2019 – Dish TV India has collaborated with Amazon Prime Video to offer Prime Video app to its Dish TV and d2h subscribers on its soon-to-be-launched hybrid set-top box. Through the deal, Dish TV and d2h subscribers will be able to seamlessly access Amazon Prime Video app on their TV.
News categories: Dish TV India, Prime Video, Anil Dua, Gaurav Gandhi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box
Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
Jun 19, 2019 – The Kaltura TV Platform is powering multiscreen access to linear, VOD and time-shifted TV plus third-party content for Dish TV India's OTT platform Watcho. The solution caters to evolving entertainment needs by continuously learning about viewers' content consumption habits.
News categories: Kaltura, Dish TV India, Horizon Broadcast, Ron Yekutiel, Anil Dua, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Dish TV India adds 47,000 subscribers in 1Q 2019
May 24, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for its fourth quarter fiscal 2019 (to end-March 2019). The company added 47 thousand subscribers net during the quarter, to close with a subscriber base of 23.7 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dish TV launches 'Watcho’ OTT app and forays into original content
Apr 25, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the launch of OTT app 'Watcho'. Watcho aims to offer content catering to young audiences across the country and not just Urban India. Dish TV is the first DTH company in India to launch a dedicated OTT platform with its own original content.
News categories: Dish TV India, Watcho, Anil Dua, Akash Tyagi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
Dish TV India adds 142,000 subscribers in 4Q 2018
Feb 5, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported third quarter fiscal 2019 results. The company added 142 thousand net new subscribers during the period to give a closing subscriber base of 23.6 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dish TV India deploys MediaKind video processing platform
Dec 20, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that DishTV India will deploy the MediaKind AVP 4000 video processing platform to deliver enhanced, next-generation immersive experiences to over 23.5 million subscribers.
News categories: MediaKind, DishTV India, Anil Dua, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Dish TV India adds 200,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018
Oct 25, 2018 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018. Subscriber additions for the period were 200 thousand giving a closing net subscriber base of 23.5 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Konka expands brand to the United States and Canada
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine