Digital TV News: Disney+
Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
Jan 21, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer & International segment has set March 24th as the new launch date for Disney+ in markets across Western Europe. Pricing has also been confirmed at £5.99/€6.99 per month, or £59.99/€69.99 for an annual subscription.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, OTT
App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
Jan 15, 2020 – App Annie has released its State of Mobile 2020 report. The annual appraisal provides insight into mobile's expansive impact across industries and the global economy, highlighting publishers and brands that are outperforming their peers.
News categories: App Annie, Theodore Krantz, Kathleen Gambarelli, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
African SVOD revenues to sextuple
Jan 13, 2020 – Digital TV Research forecasts 9.72 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025, up from 2.68 million at end-2019. South Africa (3.24 million by 2025) will remain the subscription leader, with Nigeria (2.14 million) in second place.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Verizon offers à la carte Internet and TV
Jan 9, 2020 – Verizon has unveiled a new way to provide Internet and TV with Mix & Match on Fios. Customers can now mix Internet and TV plans to match their needs. Mix & Match on Fios offers flexible pricing and no annual contract.
News categories: Verizon, Frank Boulben, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
Dec 10, 2019 – AVOD service providers in the U.S. are bracing themselves as media giants including Disney+ and Apple TV+ join the latest wave of competitors. These huge media firms are upping the ante, drawn by an increasingly lucrative market, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Sarah Henschel, Kia Ling Teoh, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – As 2019 comes to a close Strategy Analytics thoughts begin to turn towards the coming year. In a report, Strategy Analytics Television & Media Strategies (TMS) service highlights the trends and events that will shape the media & entertainment landscape in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – Advertisers will increase their global ad expenditure by 4.3% in 2020, but television will record zero growth over the period, as price inflation counterbalances the decline in global audiences, according to Zenith's Advertising Expenditure Forecasts.
News categories: Zenith, Matt James, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
Dec 4, 2019 – Netflix and YouTube may be the video platforms US adults are watching most, but their days at the top may be numbered. New services such as Disney+, HBO Max and Apple TV+ will fragment digital video viewing time even further, according to eMarketer.
News categories: eMarketer, Ross Benes, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
Dec 2, 2019 – Roy Morgan research shows that over 14.5 million Australians now have access to some form of Pay TV/Subscription TV, up 8.2% on a year ago. The combined audience for these services is almost 70% of the Australian population.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service