Digital TV News: Dominique Feral
Wyplay to bundle Quadrille push technology with Frog Turnkey
Sep 11, 2015 – Wyplay and Quadrille have announced that the latter’s QuadriFast push technology will be available as a value-added bundle with the Frog Turnkey digital TV software solution. The two companies intend to focus on operators in growth markets such as Africa and Eastern Europe.
News categories: Quadrille, Wyplay, Xavier Battas, Dominique Féral, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box
Verimatrix joins Frog by Wyplay
Sep 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Verimatrix has joined the Frog by Wyplay community and that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) will be part of the new Frog Turnkey Broadcast/IP bundle on set top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Wyplay, Verimatrix, Dominique Féral, Steve Christian, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Frog by Wyplay for growth markets at 30¢ per device
Jun 2, 2015 – Wyplay has announced the evolution of the Frog by Wyplay open source solution aimed at bringing an attractive digital TV experience to subscribers with an affordable business and deployment model for operators, with a per device royalty starting at USD 0.30.
News categories: Wyplay, Dominique Féral, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kannuu content discovery to be integrated with Frog by Wyplay
Apr 28, 2015 – Kannuu, which provides personalized content discovery technology for the connected television and media industry, has announced a partnership with Wyplay and joined the Frog by Wyplay initiative.
News categories: Kannuu, Wyplay, Telstra, Tom Laidlaw, Dominique Féral, Eric Kearley, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Mobica joins Frog by Wyplay
Apr 28, 2015 – Mobica has joined the Frog by Wyplay initiative to provide professional and integration services, enhancing the open source TV middleware code and adapting it to the requirements of pay TV operators and their partners.
News categories: Wyplay, Mobica, Dominique Féral, Jim Carroll, Europe, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
Dec 16, 2014 – Wyplay and SIGFOX have revealed a joint technology collaboration. The system, which will be showcased at the 2015 International CES, integrates SIGFOX’s IoT cellular connectivity solution with Wyplay’s open-source pay-TV set-top-box (STB) middleware.
News categories: Wyplay, SIGFOX, Dominique Féral, Stuart Lodge, Broadband, CES2020, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Huawei licenses Frog by Wyplay STB middleware
Oct 21, 2014 – Huawei has announced that it is licensing the Frog by Wyplay open source middleware and intends to collaborate with its ecosystem to create next generation set-top box software.
News categories: Wyplay, Huawei, Dominique Feral, Frederic Mathieu, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rovi discovery integrated with Frog-by-Wyplay on show at TVConnect
Mar 18, 2014 – Wyplay and Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) are hosting a demonstration at TV Connect 2014 of the combination of the Frog middleware platform and Rovi discovery services, designed to showcase a turn-key solution for pay-TV operators and Frog community members.
News categories: Wyplay, Rovi Corp, Pim Versteeg, Dominique Feral, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
COSHIP joins the Frog By Wyplay initiative
Jan 9, 2014 – Shenzhen COSHIP Electronics has announced that it is joining the Frog By Wyplay initiative for their next generation TV software solution.
News categories: Frog By Wyplay, COSHIP, Dominique Feral, Ruiliang Yang, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers