Digital TV News: Donald McGarva
Amino and MOBITV collaborate to provide advanced video services
Jul 29, 2019 – Amino has announced a collaboration with MOBITV. The joint Amino and MOBITV-powered service addresses both operator and consumer demand for alternative video delivery solutions and allows subscribers to enjoy a wide selection of streaming content services.
News categories: Amino, MOBITV, Donald McGarva, Bill Routt, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
Entel deploys Amino to power Bolivia’s first nationwide IPTV rollout
May 30, 2019 – Entel, the national telecommunications operator in Bolivia, has begun a major deployment of AminoVU set-top boxes running on AminoOS to deliver IPTV services across its newly deployed fiber network, which covers almost 100% of the country.
News categories: Amino, Entel, Donald McGarva, Bolivia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Fibre, Middleware, Set Top Box
AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
May 21, 2019 – Amino has announced the first deployment of AminoTV on a multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway in the Netherlands. This follows the acquisition of the two providers by EQT and their subsequent merger into DELTA Fiber.
News categories: Amino, DELTA Fiber, Donald McGarva, John Wittekamp, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Amino to showcase 'Operator Ready' Android TV at NAB Show 2019
Apr 1, 2019 – Amino has announced that it will be showcasing its ‘Operator Ready’ Android TV solution, powered by its Google certified AminoOS software, at NAB Show 2019. AminoOS gives pay-TV operators the agility to customize and brand an advanced user interface via an Android TV deployment.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Amino to provide STB software for top-tier pay-TV operator in Asia
Mar 27, 2019 – Amino has announced that its AminoOS software will power Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) devices for a top-tier pay-TV operator in the Asia Pacific region. The deal is the first major sale through Amino’s new ODM channel.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Asia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Waverly Utilities selects Amino MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and OS software
Mar 12, 2019 – Amino Technologies (LSE AIM: AMO) has been selected by US telecommunications provider Waverly Utilities to supply MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and Amino OS software that will allow the operator to boost efficiency and deliver an enhanced pay-TV video experience.
News categories: Amino, Waverly Utilities, Donald McGarva, Jeff Magsamen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Amino wins ‘upcycling’ contract at T-Mobile Netherlands
Oct 3, 2018 – Amino has secured a contract to deliver an ‘upcycling’ programme for T-Mobile Netherlands that will transform the operator’s installed base of legacy TV devices to meet the expectations of today’s connected consumer.
News categories: Amino, T-Mobile, Donald McGarva, Marieke Snoep, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box
BrightBlue and Amino team up for rapid IPTV service rollout
Jun 13, 2018 – Amino has announced a partnership with BrightBlue, Germany’s new turnkey IPTV service provider, to deliver the technology behind a 'fast to market' multiscreen IPTV solution optimized for Fiber-to-the Home, Cable and VDSL service providers.
News categories: Amino, BrightBlue, Donald McGarva, Peter Kamphuis, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos