Digital TV News: Doug Lowther
Irdeto to secure content on Airtel’s Digital TV platform
Sep 15, 2018 – Irdeto has partnered with Bharti Airtel to secure all content offered on Airtel’s Digital TV services. As part of the partnership, Irdeto will deploy its security solutions to secure the linear channels offered on the STB and the content offered on Airtel’s hybrid Android TV platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Irdeto acquires gaming security company, Denuvo
Jan 23, 2018 – Irdeto has acquired Denuvo to provide anti-piracy and anti-cheat solutions for games on desktop, mobile, console and VR devices. Denuvo provides technology and services for game publishers and platforms, independent software vendors, e-publishers and video publishers across the globe.
News categories: Irdeto, Denuvo, Doug Lowther, Reinhard Blaukovitsch, Content Protection, MnA, VR, Worldwide
Tata Sky expands security partnership with Irdeto
Jan 9, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that Tata Sky will implement Irdeto Cloaked CA and Middleware to ensure that its content remains secure. In addition, Tata Sky has selected Irdeto to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Doug Lowther, Harit Nagpal, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite
Irdeto extends security partnership with Foxtel
Nov 14, 2017 – Irdeto has extended its security partnership with Foxtel. With Irdeto, Foxtel has a reliable and stable security partner that will ensure premium content is securely delivered across any device, minimizing revenue leakage from all forms of piracy.
News categories: Irdeto, Foxtel, Doug Lowther, Mike Ivanchenko, Australia, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
beIN selects Irdeto for CA and security services
Sep 19, 2017 – Irdeto has announced details of a new three year deal with beIN. beIN will be using Irdeto’s Conditional Access Solution and security services for the delivery of live sports and entertainment content to customers across the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, beIN Media, Doug Lowther, Yousef Al-Obaidly, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middle-East
Stofa selects Irdeto to protect new Android set-top box
Apr 6, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that Stofa has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver content through its upcoming Android set-top box (STB). The box was developed in cooperation with Google and Kaon Media.
News categories: Irdeto, Stofa, Kaon, Doug Lowther, Ole Fruekilde Madsen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box
iQIYI picks Irdeto DRM and watermarking for ChinaDRM-protected OTT
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that iQIYI has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to protect premium content delivery on its OTT streaming platform. iQIYI will also deploy Irdeto Tracemark forensic watermarking.
News categories: Irdeto, iQIYI, ChinaDRM Forum, Doug Lowther, Liu Wenfeng, Ding Wenhua, Apps, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
HorizonSAT chooses Irdeto to secure MENA pay TV offering
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions to HorizonSAT. Irdeto Cloaked CA with Irdeto FlexiCore will enable HorizonSAT to deliver pay TV services to the Filipino population in the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, HorizonSAT, Doug Lowther, Waleed Al-Hejailan, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Irdeto security management deployed across 16 million US cable STBs
Jul 12, 2016 – Irdeto has announced milestones for its Keys & Credentials solution, which is now widely deployed with cable operators in the U.S and Canada. Irdeto has secured and keyed over 16 million set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event