Digital TV News: Doug Peiffer
First Total TV findings released by Virtual Australia (VOZ)
Feb 27, 2020 – In the first stage of a phased rollout, OzTAM, Regional TAM and Nielsen have released top line findings from the new Virtual Australia (VOZ) Total TV database, which brings together broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices.
News categories: Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
OzTAM adds demographic profiles to its Video Player Measurement service
Feb 28, 2019 – OzTAM has announced the introduction of demographic profiles to its Video Player Measurement (VPM) service. The enhancement means standard age/gender demographic reporting is now available for content consumed on participating broadcasters’ VOD services.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
OzTAM introduces Australia's first all-screen integrated TV database
Jul 30, 2018 – Australia will have an integrated database that will combine broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices, and support advanced audience targeting, with the launch of OzTAM’s new service, Virtual Australia (VOZ) in 2019.
News categories: OzTAM, Nielsen, Doug Peiffer, David Ellem, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
Australian Video Viewing Report released
Mar 5, 2018 – The latest Australian Video Viewing Report, spanning the year through Q4 2017, builds on the continuing story of how Australians are embracing opportunities to watch video on an ever-increasing array of options.
News categories: Regional TAM, OzTAM, Nielsen, Dave Walker, Doug Peiffer, Craig Johnson, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Video viewing in Australia continues to diversify
Oct 30, 2017 – The Q2 (April-June) 2017 Australian Video Viewing Report – from Regional TAM, OzTAM and Nielsen – reveals that people are continuing to take advantage of the nearly infinite choice in video content and the means of accessing it.
News categories: Nielsen, OzTAM, Regional TAM, Craig Johnson, Doug Peiffer, Tony Hogarth, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Australian Video Viewing Report released
Aug 10, 2017 – Australians are voracious consumers of broadcast TV and other video, and they have a growing array of options by which to access this content. The first edition of the Australian Video Viewing Report – from Regional TAM, OzTAM and Nielsen – shows video viewing behaviour continues to shift.
News categories: Nielsen, OzTAM, Regional TAM, Craig Johnson, Doug Peiffer, Tony Hogarth, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
OzTAM releases DTT technology penetration figures for Australia
Apr 4, 2011 – OzTAM has released new information on the take-up of DTT technology in Australia's five metropolitan markets. DTT penetration across the markets has risen to 89 per cent and PVR penetration is now 40 per cent compared to 28 per cent in March 2010.
News categories: OzTAM, Australia, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers