Digital TV News: Dplay
Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
Jul 9, 2019 – Appear TV has announced that Dplay is expanding their OTT solution from Appear and NEP Norway with dynamic ad insertion. Dynamic ad insertion functionality was initially launched in May for select channels in the Nordic region.
News categories: Appear TV, Dplay, NEP Norway, Naser N. Haify, Peder O. Krogh, Timothée Thirouin, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Sweden's household spend on TV subscriptions now exceeds 330 SEK per month
Nov 8, 2018 – According to Mediavision, video streaming services in Sweden have grown rapidly during 2018 and the third quarter of 2018 is no exception. This in turn has led to a significant increase in the combined household spend on TV services.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Sweden
mimik and Zappware announce strategic partnership
Aug 31, 2016 – mimik and Zappware have announced that mimik's micro-cloud solution will be offered through Zappware's technology platform. The partnership will enable operators and STB manufacturers to deliver services around discovery, connection and communication between devices regardless of their operating system.
News categories: mimik, Zappware, Siavash Alamouti, Patrick Vos, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
TV channels go direct to consumers to tap SVOD revenue
Oct 26, 2015 – The traditional TV channels business is entering a period of flux, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Direct to Consumer (D2C) offerings are emerging as key new services for traditional channels, spurred by the growing popularity of Netflix.
News categories: IHS Inc, Ted Hall, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, UK, Worldwide
15,000 subscribers for Netgem's LaBox in France
Jan 16, 2014 – Netgem has announced results for the quarter ended on 31 December 2013. In France, the LaBox service had reached more than 15,000 subscribers by year-end, a few months after its launch.
News categories: Netgem, France, OTT, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
EKT, Entropic and nangu.TV deliver advanced set-top box to Telefonica
Aug 26, 2013 – EKT (Eagle Kingdom Technologies) has been selected by Telefonica Czech Republic to supply their new interactive set-top box, based on an Entropic ARM® Cortex™ A-9 secure integrated circuit (IC).
News categories: Entropic, Eagle Kingdom, nangu.TV, Telefonica Czech Republic, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Google introduces Nexus 7 Google Play-er
Jun 27, 2012 – Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) has announced its Nexus 7 tablet with a 7" 1280x800 HD display. The tablet is intended as a platform for apps, games, music, movies and books from the company's Google Play cloud-based offering.
News categories: Google, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Tablet, UK, USA
HBC goes OTT with Amino with successful trials of Freedom Jump companion device
Apr 19, 2012 – Hiawatha Broadband (HBC) of Minnesota is trialling Amino's (AIM:AMO) Freedom Jump OTT media centre. Working closely with aioTv, Amino's Freedom Jump delivers a new layer of content that is blended with HBC's existing branded user interface.
News categories: Amino, aioTV, Hiawatha Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Pioneer Telephone Coop selects Amino DVR set-top boxes for deployment
Oct 26, 2011 – Pioneer Telephone Cooperative is to deploy Amino's (AIM: AMO) Aminet A540 DVR IPTV/OTT set-top boxes as part of its Pioneer DTV IPTV service. Pioneer serves over 40,000 customers across more than 74 communities in Western Oklahoma.
News categories: Amino, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier
- WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
- Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
- Comscore announces launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia
- ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn