Digital TV News: Dplay
Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
Jun 3, 2020 – According to Dataxis, in the Nordic markets, almost every household accesses TV through paid subscriptions. Free-to-air reception only grants access to the few public channels, pushing viewers to subscribe to pay services.
News categories: Dataxis, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
Discovery and STARZPLAY partner to launch Dplay in MENA
Mar 16, 2020 – Discovery's OTT service, Dplay, will now be available across the MENA region, due to a partnership between Discovery MEA and STARZPLAY. STARZPLAY subscribers gain access to a new, branded area on the existing platform.
News categories: STARZPLAY, Discovery, Danny Bates, Amanda Turnbull, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT
Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
Jul 9, 2019 – Appear TV has announced that Dplay is expanding their OTT solution from Appear and NEP Norway with dynamic ad insertion. Dynamic ad insertion functionality was initially launched in May for select channels in the Nordic region.
News categories: Appear TV, Dplay, NEP Norway, Naser N. Haify, Peder O. Krogh, Timothée Thirouin, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Sweden's household spend on TV subscriptions now exceeds 330 SEK per month
Nov 8, 2018 – According to Mediavision, video streaming services in Sweden have grown rapidly during 2018 and the third quarter of 2018 is no exception. This in turn has led to a significant increase in the combined household spend on TV services.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Sweden
mimik and Zappware announce strategic partnership
Aug 31, 2016 – mimik and Zappware have announced that mimik's micro-cloud solution will be offered through Zappware's technology platform. The partnership will enable operators and STB manufacturers to deliver services around discovery, connection and communication between devices regardless of their operating system.
News categories: mimik, Zappware, Siavash Alamouti, Patrick Vos, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
TV channels go direct to consumers to tap SVOD revenue
Oct 26, 2015 – The traditional TV channels business is entering a period of flux, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Direct to Consumer (D2C) offerings are emerging as key new services for traditional channels, spurred by the growing popularity of Netflix.
News categories: IHS Inc, Ted Hall, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, UK, Worldwide
15,000 subscribers for Netgem's LaBox in France
Jan 16, 2014 – Netgem has announced results for the quarter ended on 31 December 2013. In France, the LaBox service had reached more than 15,000 subscribers by year-end, a few months after its launch.
News categories: Netgem, France, OTT, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
EKT, Entropic and nangu.TV deliver advanced set-top box to Telefonica
Aug 26, 2013 – EKT (Eagle Kingdom Technologies) has been selected by Telefonica Czech Republic to supply their new interactive set-top box, based on an Entropic ARM® Cortex™ A-9 secure integrated circuit (IC).
News categories: Entropic, Eagle Kingdom, nangu.TV, Telefonica Czech Republic, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Google introduces Nexus 7 Google Play-er
Jun 27, 2012 – Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) has announced its Nexus 7 tablet with a 7" 1280x800 HD display. The tablet is intended as a platform for apps, games, music, movies and books from the company's Google Play cloud-based offering.
News categories: Google, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Tablet, UK, USA
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy