Digital TV News: Dr. Abe Peled
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Permira to acquire Cisco's Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
May 1, 2018 – Permira and Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced that a company backed by the Permira Funds has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions(SPVSS) business.
News categories: Permira, Cisco Systems, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Satellite, Set Top Box
NDS Joins Macrovision's EPG Patent Licensing Program
Apr 27, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that NDS has entered into a license agreement for its Gemstar EPG patents. The agreement allows NDS to offer licensed EPGs to its pay-TV platform operator customers in specified countries.
News categories: Macrovision, NDS, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria