Digital TV News: Dr. Abe Peled
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Permira to acquire Cisco's Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
May 1, 2018 – Permira and Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced that a company backed by the Permira Funds has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions(SPVSS) business.
News categories: Permira, Cisco Systems, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Satellite, Set Top Box
NDS Joins Macrovision's EPG Patent Licensing Program
Apr 27, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that NDS has entered into a license agreement for its Gemstar EPG patents. The agreement allows NDS to offer licensed EPGs to its pay-TV platform operator customers in specified countries.
News categories: Macrovision, NDS, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees