Digital TV News: Dr. Abe Peled
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Permira to acquire Cisco's Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
May 1, 2018 – Permira and Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced that a company backed by the Permira Funds has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions(SPVSS) business.
News categories: Permira, Cisco Systems, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco Announces Intent to Acquire NDS
Mar 15, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced its intent to acquire NDS. The acquisition will complement and accelerate the delivery of Videoscape™, Cisco's platform that enables service providers and media companies to deliver next-generation entertainment experiences.
News categories: Cisco Systems, NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Satellite, Set Top Box
NDS Joins Macrovision's EPG Patent Licensing Program
Apr 27, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that NDS has entered into a license agreement for its Gemstar EPG patents. The agreement allows NDS to offer licensed EPGs to its pay-TV platform operator customers in specified countries.
News categories: Macrovision, NDS, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS