Digital TV News: Dr. Klaus Illgner
DTG releases D-Book 10 DTT specification for the UK
Nov 3, 2017 – The DTG’s D-Book 10 is the industry determined, next generation, universally deployed specification which supports future interactive services and enables the continuing transition towards HbbTV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Peter Seller, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Laurie Patten, Guy North, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
HbbTV Association joins forces with Smart TV Alliance
Sep 1, 2016 – The Smart TV Alliance and HbbTV Association today announced a plan to merge the activities of the Smart TV Alliance into HbbTV, extending the scope of the HbbTV Specification to address Over-The-Top Services.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Smart TV Alliance, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Merwan Mereby, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
High-power LTE-A+ Broadcast trials start in Aosta and Paris
Apr 8, 2015 – TDF and Rai have launched the first field trials of LTE-A+ Broadcast from high-power television stations, in Paris and Aosta. The joint project involves contributions by GatesAir (USA) and is supported by IRT (Germany) and Expway (France).
News categories: GatesAir, TDF, Rai, IRT, Expway, Joseph Seccia, Olivier Huart, Vincent Grivet, Alberto Morello, Klaus Illgner-Fehns, Thierry Sergent, Ulrich Reimers, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Italy, Mobile
HbbTV Association to issue RFP for HbbTV 2.0 test material
Sep 30, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has issued an RFI soliciting members of the industry to comment on and register to receive an RFP for the development of HbbTV 2.0 conformance test material.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Digital TV, Middleware, QoE, Worldwide
Digisoft.tv adds HbbTV support to STB platform
Jan 28, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of HbbTV to its Iris platform for set-top boxes. The company will offer HbbTV as an open standard component of its DVB/Hybrid offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
European Initiative Merges Television with the Power of the Internet
Aug 27, 2009 – A European consortium has announced the launch of 'Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV' or 'HbbTV', an initiative aimed at harmonising the delivery of content to the end consumer through TVs and set-top boxes with an optional web connection.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, IFA2020, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers