Digital TV News: Dr. Skott Ahn
Live ATSC 3.0 broadcast at CES2016 delivers 4K UHD HDR to LG OLED 4K TVs
Jan 6, 2016 – With its first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD TV with high dynamic range (HDR) using the new ATSC 3.0 Candidate Standard, LG Electronics (LG) is ushering in the era of next-generation television broadcasting at CES 2016.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
SBS, LG conduct first ATSC 3.0 test transmission in Korea
Sep 21, 2015 – Korean broadcaster SBS has partnered with LG Electronics for the first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD signals using technologies behind the emerging ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, SBS, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Field tests show capabilities of emerging ATSC 3.0 standard
Jul 10, 2015 – Television broadcasters will reach even more viewers with robust, digital over-the-air ATSC 3.0 signals, the improved broadcast transmission system under development now with key elements being field tested in the U.S. this summer.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Futurecast preparing for Cleveland field test of next-gen TV system
Apr 2, 2015 – The future of TV is coming to Cleveland where experimental broadcasts will further verify the capabilities of transmission technologies developed for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Tribune Media, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, Larry Wert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
Oct 22, 2014 – Quincy Group's WKOW-TV is conducting a second round of broadcast field testing of the 'FUTURECAST™ Universal Terrestrial Broadcasting System.' FUTURECAST is a contributor to the'physical layer' at the heart of the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, Quincy Group, Gates Air, Dr. Skott Ahn, Brady Dreasler, Rich Redmond, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FUTURECAST broadcast system for ATSC 3.0 on show at NAB2014
Apr 2, 2014 – FUTURECAST was co-developed by LG Electronics, its U.S. R&D subsidiary Zenith, and GatesAir as the foundation of next-generation terrestrial broadcasting in the United States and around the world.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
LG to demonstrate 'Glasses Free' 3D via ATSC Mobile DTV at NAB2011
Apr 11, 2011 – LG Electronics will show that the digital TV broadcasting system used to deliver today's information and entertainment programming to mobile devices can also deliver social networking updates, engaging 3D telecasts, and electronic coupons.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA, VR
LG Electronics demonstrates first 'Glasses-Free' 3D ATSC Mobile DTV
Jan 5, 2011 – The first mobile digital TV that displays three-dimensional (3D) images broadcast via the ATSC Mobile Digital Television Standard is being demonstrated by LG Electronics at the 2010 International CES® here this week.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2021, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, VR
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019