Digital TV News: Dr. Skott Ahn
Live ATSC 3.0 broadcast at CES2016 delivers 4K UHD HDR to LG OLED 4K TVs
Jan 6, 2016 – With its first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD TV with high dynamic range (HDR) using the new ATSC 3.0 Candidate Standard, LG Electronics (LG) is ushering in the era of next-generation television broadcasting at CES 2016.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
SBS, LG conduct first ATSC 3.0 test transmission in Korea
Sep 21, 2015 – Korean broadcaster SBS has partnered with LG Electronics for the first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD signals using technologies behind the emerging ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, SBS, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Field tests show capabilities of emerging ATSC 3.0 standard
Jul 10, 2015 – Television broadcasters will reach even more viewers with robust, digital over-the-air ATSC 3.0 signals, the improved broadcast transmission system under development now with key elements being field tested in the U.S. this summer.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Futurecast preparing for Cleveland field test of next-gen TV system
Apr 2, 2015 – The future of TV is coming to Cleveland where experimental broadcasts will further verify the capabilities of transmission technologies developed for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Tribune Media, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, Larry Wert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
Oct 22, 2014 – Quincy Group's WKOW-TV is conducting a second round of broadcast field testing of the 'FUTURECAST™ Universal Terrestrial Broadcasting System.' FUTURECAST is a contributor to the'physical layer' at the heart of the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, Quincy Group, Gates Air, Dr. Skott Ahn, Brady Dreasler, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FUTURECAST broadcast system for ATSC 3.0 on show at NAB2014
Apr 2, 2014 – FUTURECAST was co-developed by LG Electronics, its U.S. R&D subsidiary Zenith, and GatesAir as the foundation of next-generation terrestrial broadcasting in the United States and around the world.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
LG to demonstrate 'Glasses Free' 3D via ATSC Mobile DTV at NAB2011
Apr 11, 2011 – LG Electronics will show that the digital TV broadcasting system used to deliver today's information and entertainment programming to mobile devices can also deliver social networking updates, engaging 3D telecasts, and electronic coupons.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA, VR
LG Electronics demonstrates first 'Glasses-Free' 3D ATSC Mobile DTV
Jan 5, 2011 – The first mobile digital TV that displays three-dimensional (3D) images broadcast via the ATSC Mobile Digital Television Standard is being demonstrated by LG Electronics at the 2010 International CES® here this week.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2020, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, VR
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024