Digital TV News: Dr. Skott Ahn
Live ATSC 3.0 broadcast at CES2016 delivers 4K UHD HDR to LG OLED 4K TVs
Jan 6, 2016 – With its first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD TV with high dynamic range (HDR) using the new ATSC 3.0 Candidate Standard, LG Electronics (LG) is ushering in the era of next-generation television broadcasting at CES 2016.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
SBS, LG conduct first ATSC 3.0 test transmission in Korea
Sep 21, 2015 – Korean broadcaster SBS has partnered with LG Electronics for the first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD signals using technologies behind the emerging ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, SBS, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Field tests show capabilities of emerging ATSC 3.0 standard
Jul 10, 2015 – Television broadcasters will reach even more viewers with robust, digital over-the-air ATSC 3.0 signals, the improved broadcast transmission system under development now with key elements being field tested in the U.S. this summer.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Futurecast preparing for Cleveland field test of next-gen TV system
Apr 2, 2015 – The future of TV is coming to Cleveland where experimental broadcasts will further verify the capabilities of transmission technologies developed for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Tribune Media, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, Larry Wert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
Oct 22, 2014 – Quincy Group's WKOW-TV is conducting a second round of broadcast field testing of the 'FUTURECAST™ Universal Terrestrial Broadcasting System.' FUTURECAST is a contributor to the'physical layer' at the heart of the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, Quincy Group, Gates Air, Dr. Skott Ahn, Brady Dreasler, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FUTURECAST broadcast system for ATSC 3.0 on show at NAB2014
Apr 2, 2014 – FUTURECAST was co-developed by LG Electronics, its U.S. R&D subsidiary Zenith, and GatesAir as the foundation of next-generation terrestrial broadcasting in the United States and around the world.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
LG to demonstrate 'Glasses Free' 3D via ATSC Mobile DTV at NAB2011
Apr 11, 2011 – LG Electronics will show that the digital TV broadcasting system used to deliver today's information and entertainment programming to mobile devices can also deliver social networking updates, engaging 3D telecasts, and electronic coupons.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA, VR
LG Electronics demonstrates first 'Glasses-Free' 3D ATSC Mobile DTV
Jan 5, 2011 – The first mobile digital TV that displays three-dimensional (3D) images broadcast via the ATSC Mobile Digital Television Standard is being demonstrated by LG Electronics at the 2010 International CES® here this week.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, VR
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan