Digital TV News: EIDR
Bitmax adds EIDR identifier support to its CMS
Feb 26, 2019 – Bitmax has announced a solution to augment and add EIDR identifiers to content assets distributed globally. EIDR adds a unique identifier to a metadata record that is associated with top-level titles, edits, DVDs, encodings, clips, and mash-ups.
News categories: Bitmax, EIDR, Jim Riley, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
NENT Group implements EIDR Universal Identifiers
Nov 14, 2018 – The Entertainment Identifier Registry Association (EIDR) has announced that Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has overhauled its publishing workflow, utilizing EIDR’s universal content identifiers across all linear and non-linear TV programming.
News categories: EIDR, NENT Group, Will Kreth, Kaj af Kleen, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Satellite, Sweden
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) Gains Strong Support from Entertainment Companies
Sep 7, 2011 – The Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) has announced that leading entertainment companies have begun integrating the use of EIDR IDs into their digital distribution workflows. These developments signal strong growth in adoption of EIDR IDs.
News categories: Entertainment ID Registry, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto