Digital TV News: ELEVEN SPORTS
Zingo TV and Streaming Global deliver live streams at sub-second latency
Apr 7, 2020 – Zingo TV has announced that it will partner with Streaming Global to increase scalability and reduce costs for its platform. The platform will be delivering live streams at sub-second latency, a delay 30-60x faster than the industry average.
News categories: Streaming Global, Zingo TV, John Estiva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
Nov 6, 2019 – Wurl has made an agreement to deliver programming and advertising to Samsung's TV Plus streaming service in Europe. The Wurl Network currently delivers 125 live, linear and VOD channels to more than 50 million viewers in the U.S.
News categories: Wurl, Samsung, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV
XUMO renews streaming service deal with LG for USA and Canada
Oct 23, 2019 – XUMO has announced that it has renewed its enterprise relationship with LG to continue powering the Channel Plus service for LG smart TVs. The service has been rebranded LG Channels for 2019 LG webOS smart TVs in the U.S., Canada and internationally.
News categories: XUMO, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
Jul 15, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has launched an OTT TV service. The service is available on a new set-top-box, EVOBOX STREAM, either with a contract or PAYG. As well as the OTT TV offering the box can receive free-to-air DTT channels with the addition of a DVB-T antenna.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cyfrowy Polsat launches IPTV service and set-top box
Mar 25, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has introduced an IPTV service, thanks to which viewers will be able to watch TV channels over broadband without the need to install a satellite dish. The service is accompanied by a new EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
Mar 14, 2019 – Eleven Sports has announced the launch of a new streaming service in Japan. Launching on 16 March, the new service will stream live action from the local Eastern and Western League of the NPB Farm Leagues, Japan’s minor league baseball competitions.
News categories: Eleven Sports, Suhyeon Cho, Anouk Mertens, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
7.4 million linear OTT pay TV subscribers in Europe at end-3Q 2017
Jan 29, 2018 – According to Dataxis, linear OTT Pay TV market in Europe reached 7.4 million subscribers at the end of September 2017. This represents a growth of 13% compared to the previous quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
NeuLion to power Sky Sports Box Office OTT service
Sep 6, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that it is partnering with Sky Sports to power its Sky Sports Box Office OTT service. The NeuLion Digital Platform will power future, live pay-per-view events for Sky Sports Box Office.
News categories: NeuLion, Sky Sports, Roy Reichbach, David Gibbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UK
ELEVEN SPORTS takes majority stake in Italy's Sportube
May 10, 2017 – ELEVEN SPORTS has expanded its global offer to sports fans after confirming its entry into the Italian market with the acquisition of a majority stake in the national over-the-top (OTT) platform Sportube.
News categories: ELEVEN SPORTS, Sportube, Marc Watson, Danny Menken, Bruno Stirparo, Digital TV, Italy, MnA, OTT
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform