Digital TV News: EchoStar Europe
Cyfrowy Polsat offers Echostar PVR
Oct 28, 2009 – Cyfrowy Polsat is making a new set-top box available to its customers. The receiver, from Echostar, is a high-definition PVR with a 320GB hard disk. The HD DVR-7400 receiver is compatible with the DVB-S and DVB-S2 as well as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Echostar, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
EchoStar Europe Enables Digital TV Convergence at IBC2009
Sep 8, 2009 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS), the leading supplier of added-value, connected device solutions to the digital television industry, will showcase multiple solutions at IBC2009 that support consumers' needs for converged entertainment services.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Cable TV, DOCSIS, DVR, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Placeshifting, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Latens Broadens Scope for Pay TV Operators at IBC 2009
Aug 13, 2009 – Latens has announced the launch at IBC of the its ECO Cable Gateway, enabling cable operators to deploy a single integrated middleware and conditional access system for the delivery of next generation TV services across the whole home network.
News categories: Latens, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DVR, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
EchoStar Europe Enters IPTV Market With New Hybrid HD Platform
Mar 25, 2009 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) will launch its first dedicated product for IPTV operators at the IPTV World Forum. The HDX-600 series DVR combines state-of-the-art cosmetics with HD reception, advanced video coding (AVC) and hybrid functionality.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, DVR, IPTV, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
EchoStar Europe Ready for Cable
Mar 18, 2009 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced its entry into the European cable market with a complete portfolio of products for cable operators at Cable Congress 2009, Berlin.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Cable TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home
IMPALA welcomes inclusion of MHEG-5 in South Africa DTT trial
Feb 2, 2009 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance (IMPALA) has confirmed that MHEG-5 is included as part of the recently started DTT trial in South Africa. The DTT trial, which began in November, is designed to test a variety of technical factors.
News categories: IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Cyfrowy Polsat Launches EchoStar Europe's High Definition STBs
Nov 24, 2008 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that its advanced, high definition (HD) set-top box (STB) has been introduced by Cyfrowy Polsat (Warsaw: CPS).
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Boxer MHEG Announcement Welcomed by IMPALA
Sep 29, 2008 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the recent announcement by Sweden-based pay-TV group Boxer that it has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive middleware to be included in all products marketed to receive its TV packages.
News categories: Boxer, IMPALA, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
EchoStar Europe goes 'beyond the box' with unique 'however, wherever and whenever' set-top box innovations at IBC2008
Sep 12, 2008 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ: SATS) plans to launch a range of device functionalities at IBC2008 including 'Set-top Box Health' diagnostics, an 'Advertising Behavioural Measurement' system and exclusive Sling Media™ place-shifting and home-networking.
News categories: EchoStar, Digital TV, DVR, IBCShowcase, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024