Digital TV News: Econet
Lebanon's CableVision to launch IPTV with Meatel, Alpha Networks, Amino, Broadpeak and Viaccess
Sep 16, 2018 – Lebanon's CableVision is soon to launch an IP-based entertainment service that has been integrated by Meatel and enabled by a service delivery platform from Alpha Networks, Amino client devices, Broadpeak’s CDN and Viaccess’ security suite and media player.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess, Alpha Networks, Amino, Cablevision, Fabrice Bellanger, Arnaud Alvarez, Pascal Birot, Bart Vanderostyne, Bassam Jaber, Samer Elia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Lebanon, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Africa to reach 10 million SVOD subscribers by 2023
Jun 26, 2018 – Digital TV Research has forecast that there will be 9.99 million SVOD subscribers across Sub-Saharan Africa by 2023, up from 1.56 million at the end of 2017. However, revenues will only be $775 million as some platforms are very cheap.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Kwesé iflix launches in Zimbabwe
May 31, 2018 – Kwesé iflix has launched an entertainment platform that will bring live coverage of all 64 FIFA 2018 World Cup games, and thousands of premier entertainment programmes, to millions of Zimbabweans via its new mobile app.
News categories: Kwesé, iflix, Econet Wireless, Kwesé iflix, Joseph Hundah, Mark Britt, Douglas Mboweni, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Zimbabwe
Kwesé brings OTT to Africa thanks to tucano back-end
Apr 5, 2018 – Alpha Networks has announced the launch of two products by Kwesé for the African market. Kwesé Play is the first Roku video solution launched by any operator in African territory. Kwesé TV is a new OTT user experience offered to existing DTH users.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Econet Media, Kris Warreyn, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Mediaproxy provides compliance, monitoring and analysis for Kwesé TV
Oct 9, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that Econet Media has chosen its unified broadcast compliance, monitoring and analysis solution for Kwesé TV. Mediaproxy software is enabling Kwesé TV to ensure delivery of its pay-TV service to consumers in Ghana, Rwanda, Zambia, and Kenya.
News categories: Mediaproxy, Econet Media, Mark Horchler, David Alpert, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, QoE, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
Kwesé unveils the first ‘pay-as-you-watch’ TV bouquet in Kenya
Oct 5, 2017 – Econet Media has unveiled its satellite bouquet Kwesé TV in Kenya. Kwesé TV is currently available both in urban centres and rural areas throughout the country and includes a free 30 day subscription for new subscribers.
News categories: Kwesé, Kennedy Ojung’a, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite
Pay TV market in Africa at 23.7 million subscribers
Oct 4, 2017 – Dataxis’ latest research sheds light on the steady expansion of the Pay TV market in Africa. Based on data for the second quarter of 2017, the total number of Pay TV subscribers reached approximately 23.7 million.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Roku powers Kwesé Play streaming platform in Africa
Sep 14, 2017 – Roku and Econet Media have announced that the companies have entered a Roku Powered license agreement for the launch of streaming TV service Kwesé Play. The Kwesé Play service and streaming player are now available in South Africa.
News categories: Roku, Econet Media, Andrew Ferrone, Joseph Hundah, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
iflix and Econet Media collaborate to bring SVoD to sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 2, 2017 – iflix and Econet Media’s Kwesé have announced the establishment of a partnership to bring streaming entertainment services to sub-Saharan Africa. The collaboration will leverage the region’s rapid increase in smartphone penetration and growing consumer demand for premium quality entertainment.
News categories: Kwesé, iflix, Joseph Hundah, Andre de Wet, Africa, Digital TV, OTT, Smartphone
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating