Digital TV News: Ed New
Tubi available on Playstation 5 at launch
Nov 9, 2020 – Tubi has been named a launch partner for the PlayStation 5. Viewers will have access to Tubi’s library of movies and TV series via direct integration in the PS5 search interface, and a Tubi featured row that will be available on the video home screen.
News categories: Tubi, Playstation, Andrea Clarke-Hall, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
Oct 29, 2020 – Conviva has released its Q3 2020 State of Streaming report, showing a 57% YoY increase in overall viewing time. The report also uncovered new trends including the return of advertisers and the increasing battle between smart TV and CTV devices.
News categories: Conviva, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
Oct 29, 2020 – SES and CANAL+ have signed agreements for satellite capacity across three geographies, strengthening the companies’ longstanding partnership and underlining the importance of satellite in delivering premium content to more than 10 million subscribers.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Steve Collar, Jacques du Puy, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
Oct 13, 2020 – Mediavision’s analysis of spend on media services in Sweden points towards a stabilization in Q3, following substantial corona effects in Q2. During the spring, online video hit new heights which have now normalized.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Sweden
EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
Oct 12, 2020 – The smart home market in EMEA declined 7.2% in the second quarter of 2020, compared to the same period of the previous year, according to IDC. The market accounted for 20.287 million units between April and June.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Jan Prenosil, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
Oct 12, 2020 – Freeview Play is launching on selected Fire TV Edition TVs, thanks to an agreement between Digital UK and Amazon. Fire TV Edition TVs with Freeview Play will be launching later this year.
News categories: Digital UK, Amazon, Jonathan Thompson, Emma Gilmartin, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
NEXTGEN TV begins for five local TV stations in Oklahoma City
Oct 8, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Oklahoma City - KOCO-TV, KFOR-TV, KOKH-TV, KOCB and KAUT - have begun broadcasting with ATSC 3.0. Oklahoma City is the seventh launch of ATSC 3.0 for BitPath this year.
News categories: BitPath, Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, KOCO-TV, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brent Hensley, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
Sep 22, 2020 – SpotX has announced programmatic solutions for linear addressable TV. The solutions are in part built in support Project OAR. SpotX is also powering programmatic executions within traditional STBs owned by MVPDs.
News categories: SpotX, The Trade Desk, AMC Networks, Project OAR, Matt McLeggon, Jon Tabak, Evan Adlman, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
Sep 21, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has expanded its TV measurement footprint with Samba TV. The launch of international Smart TV measurement capabilities will begin in select European markets.
News categories: Comscore, Samba TV, Bill Livek, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5