Digital TV News: Ed Mas
Parrot Faurecia supplies European car maker with in-car TV reception
Jul 11, 2017 – Parrot Faurecia Automotive has announced that its Media Center solution has been selected by a European car maker as a line-fit option. The Media Center entered mass production in early 2017 for the European, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean markets.
News categories: Parrot Faurecia, Jean-Luc Tété, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Terrestrial
StarTimes to develop media gateway for Africa with Conax
Sep 7, 2015 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has entered into a contract with StarTimes to co-develop a media gateway for Africa. Conax will provide StarTimes with its Conax Trusted Link security client, security expertise and the technical blueprint for a multi-room service.
News categories: Conax, StarTimes, Morten Solbakken, Pang Xinxing, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Gateway, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Socionext integrates TITC frame buffer compression IP
Jun 26, 2015 – Taiwan ImagingTek (TITC) has announced that Socionext has started shipping TV chips with TITC's image compression IP for frame buffer memory reduction. The IP improves power consumption and memory cost, and reduces EMI issues.
News categories: ImagingTek, Socionext, Star Sung, Takehiro Kamada, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Montage announces mass production of cable HD decoder SoC
Apr 15, 2015 – Montage Technology has announced that it has started mass production of its HD decoder SoC M88CC6000 for cable set-top box applications. The M88CC6000 series of chips are designed for the Chinese cable HDTV market.
News categories: Montage Technology, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Skyworth and China Telecom launch smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity
Jan 6, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has announced that Skyworth and China Telecom have launched the world's first Smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity powered by Marvell's G.hn platform solution.
News categories: Marvell, Skyworth, China Telecom, Weili Dai, Liu Tangzhi, Liu Ping, CES2020, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
US pay TV subscriptions rise in Q1 as cable achieves best quarter in years
May 15, 2014 – The number of U.S. household subscribing to pay TV services surged in the first quarter, as the increasingly resilient cable segment moderated its customer loses, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
ALi partners with Huawei to deploy DVB-T2 STBs in Belarus
Jan 20, 2014 – ALi has announced that it has joined forces with Huawei and started mass production shipping of a DVB-T2 set-top box solution to a national telecommunication operator for deployment in the Republic of Belarus.
News categories: ALi Corp, Huawei, Tanyi, Tony Chang, Belarus, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
Dec 10, 2013 – Rohde & Schwarz has been chosen to equip the TV network in the State of Qatar with DVB-T2 technology. Qatar Media Corporation (QMC), will be upgrading its broadcast network for the 2022 soccer world cup.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qatar Media Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Qatar, Terrestrial
MaxLinear and Peregrine Semi team on dual-RF-input digital TV reference design
Nov 5, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a collaboration with Peregrine Semiconductor (NASDAQ: PSMI) to produce a dual-RF-input digital TV front-end reference design, supporting reception of both digital terrestrial TV and cable TV.
News categories: MaxLinear, Peregrine Semi, Brian Sprague, Mark Schrepferman, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers