Digital TV News: Edgeware
GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
Aug 13, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that Malta’s GO has deployed a solution that includes Edgeware’s CDN and Origin platforms, enabling it to deliver multi-screen services and provide viewers with a fully mobile and flexible TV-experience.
News categories: Edgeware, GO Malta, Johan Bolin, Chris Attard, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Malta, OTT
Edgeware offers its OTT technology as a service
Apr 25, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Edgeware Cloud Service, providing broadcasters, telecom- and cable TV-operators with access to its technology and expertise without the need to own and run systems in-house.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
YouGov research for Edgeware finds clear demand for tailored TV content
Apr 4, 2019 – Online research from Edgeware and YouGov has found that 89% of adults across the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Mexico and Spain would be interested in content that is aimed at their personal interests when watching traditional TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, YouGov, Johan Bolin, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Mexico, NABShow, Spain, UK, USA
Edgeware enables broadcasters to launch tailored live TV channels for OTT
Apr 2, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Virtual Channel Creation solution. The product can be used to create alternative OTT versions of linear channels that are adapted for their audiences – such as fans of different sports teams, an age demographic or people watching in a particular region.
News categories: Edgeware, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, Sweden, Worldwide
Edgeware has won a significant Ad Insertion order
Dec 5, 2018 – Edgeware has announces that it has won a significant order from one of its main European customers, underscoring that Edgeware’s Ad Insertion offering provides its customers with a pathway to new revenue streams.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Com Hem has selected its Ad Enabler origin software. The solution will be used to prepare TV/Video content with personalized advertising on 20 of Com Hem’s IP-delivered TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, Com Hem, Karl Thedéen, Magnus Lindhe, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Televisa will expand its existing TV CDN, adding more capacity and new time-shift features to its service. The time-shift capabilities will enable viewers to pause and rewind up to three hours of TV.
News categories: Edgeware, Televisa, Karl Thedéen, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Edgeware provides cloud-native containerized TV delivery platform
Sep 10, 2018 – Edgeware has announced its first container-based software solutions, which are optimized for public and private cloud platforms. The solutions being delivered as containers are its unique Origin products, TV Content Capture and TV Repackager.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box