Digital TV News: Elemental
NexPlayer and Videon workflow supports low latency and synchronized video arrival time
Apr 3, 2019 – NexPlayer and Videon have announced support for the synchronization of OTT video arrival times for all end users, featuring interoperability between NexPlayer's Android and iOS player SDKs, AWS Elemental MediaStore and Amazon CloudFront, and Videon's edge compute encoders.
News categories: Videon, NexPlayer, Todd Erdley, Carlos Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Insys Video adds SPEKE API support for multi-DRM workflows
Apr 2, 2019 – Insys Video Technologies has announced that the company has integrated support for the SPEKE API into its OTT video solutions. SPEKE defines the standard for authentication and communication between encryptors and packagers of media content and DRM key providers.
News categories: Insys Video, Amazon Web Services, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
AWS releases key exchange API to streamline DRM integration
Mar 27, 2019 – AWS has announced its Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE), an open, extensible API specification developed to streamline integration of Digital Rights Management (DRM) with encoders, transcoders, and origin servers.
News categories: AWS Elemental, Michael Callahan, Will Law, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Crystal integrates APIs with AWS Elemental to enable ad insertion
Sep 13, 2018 – Crystal has announced API integration between Crystal Connect and AWS Elemental Live and AWS Elemental MediaTailor. The solution enables the insertion of ads into a broadcast stream which does not contain any commercial break markers.
News categories: Crystal, AWS Elemental, Roger Franklin, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Worldwide
Espial Elevate SaaS video platform works with Amazon Web Services
Sep 13, 2018 – Espial has announced that its Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform is available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and ready for deployment with AWS Elemental services for cloud-based video processing and delivery. Working with AWS allows Espial to offer its customers a TV-as-a-Service solution on the cloud at scale.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Worldwide
DNA deploys Teleste transcoders for live TV and VOD services
Sep 13, 2018 – Teleste has revealed that DNA has deployed Teleste's Optimo transcoders for the delivery of live TV and VOD via OTT networks. The transcoders enable DNA to provide 4K TV channels and streaming videos, and customers can also enjoy the content on mobile devices.
News categories: Teleste, DNA, Julius Tikkanen, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2020, OTT
Verimatrix offers platform-as-a-service content distribution platform
Sep 11, 2018 – Verimatrix has unveiled Viewthority, a content distribution platform that provides enhanced connectivity between content providers and video service operators. The innovative approach, delivered as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS), streamlines end-to-end workflows and automates video analytics reporting.
News categories: Verimatrix, Mediamorph, Tom Munro, Rob Gardos, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Worldwide
Accedo launches targeted advertising solution for AR experiences
Aug 29, 2018 – Accedo has announced the launch of a targeted advertising solution for Augmented Reality (AR) experiences with the API integration of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elemental MediaTailor. The Accedo AR experience is designed to give a TV viewer a more personalised and engaging second-screen experience.
News categories: Accedo, Elemental, Fredrik Anderson, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2020, UX, VR, Worldwide
Friend MTS announces watermarking interoperability with AWS Elemental MediaConvert
Aug 9, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced interoperability with its Distribution iD watermarking and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elemental MediaConvert to provide an added layer of security against streaming piracy for on-demand video.
News categories: Friend MTS, AWS Elemental, Simon Hanna, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers