Digital TV News: Eli Lubitch
Encoding.com offers Beamr Content-Adaptive Bitrate service in the Cloud
Jun 8, 2020 – Encoding.com is to offer Beamr's Content-Adaptive Bitrate encoding technology to its customers. The service will be added to Encoding.com's suite of microservices for powering file-based VOD workflows in the cloud.
News categories: Encoding.com, Beamr, Greggory Heil, Eli Lubitch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Beamr shows live 8K HEVC software encoding on a single AMD EPYC processor
Sep 12, 2019 – Beamr has announced, with AMD (NASDAQ: AMD), that it has used Beamr 5, operating on a single socket AMD EPYC 7742 processor, to encode 79 frames per second in real-time at 8K resolution and with 10-bit color required for HDR.
News categories: Beamr, AMD, Eli Lubitch, Raghu Nambiar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Worldwide
CHILI CINEMA turns to Beamr Optimizer to reduce bitrate
Sep 12, 2017 – Beamr Imaging has announced that CHILI will be optimizing their entire video library using Beamr Optimizer for more than 1 million subscribers in the UK, Poland, Germany and Austria, in addition to its home country of Italy.
News categories: Beamr, CHILI, Eli Lubitch, Stefano Flamia, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Italy, Poland, UK
Beamr upgrades HEVC content-adaptive software encoder
Apr 18, 2017 – Beamr Imaging has announces the commercial implementation of a quality driven content-adaptive HEVC software encoder, Beamr 5x. This product produces encodes that are up to 50% smaller than Beamr's HEVC software encoder, Beamr 5.
News categories: Beamr, Eli Lubitch, Dror Gill, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
M-GO adopts Beamr Video streaming bitrate reduction
Jan 5, 2015 – Beamr and M-GO have announced that M-GO is using Beamr Video for the company’s streaming service. Beamr Video automatically reduces the bitrate of any H.264 or HEVC HD and 4K video stream by up to 50% while retaining the perceptual quality and format of the original file.
News categories: Beamr, M-GO, Eli Lubitch, Samir Ahmed, CES2021, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, USA
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat