Digital TV News: Elizabeth Parks
U.S. standalone pay TV ARPU declined 10% from 2016 to 2018
Aug 1, 2019 – Research from Parks Associates finds that U.S. average standalone pay-TV ARPU declined 10% from 2016 to 2018, with consumer-reported monthly spending on pay TV declining from $84 to $76. Pricing pressure is forcing increasing conflict in carriage negotiations.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Over 80% of U.S. smart TVs are now connected to the internet
Dec 4, 2018 – Parks Associates research has shown that ownership of streaming media players has almost doubled from about 21% of U.S. broadband households in 2014 to almost 40% in 2018, while smart TV ownership has increased from 34% to 53% during the same time period.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Research shows interest in using same remote for smart home and entertainment devices
Jan 4, 2018 – Parks Associates has found that 42% of U.S. broadband households find at least one tested smart home use case for entertainment very appealing. The ability to control TVs, STBs, streaming media players, and smart home devices with the same remote is the most popular use case.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, CES, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
U.S. broadband households to buy almost 55 million smart home devices in 2020
Nov 15, 2017 – Parks Associates has announced research showing U.S. broadband households will buy almost 55 million smart home devices in 2020. Currently many smart home devices are still in the early adopter stage, at adoption levels less than 15% of U.S. households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD