Digital TV News: Elizabeth Parks
US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
Jan 16, 2020 – Parks Associates has found that over one-quarter of US broadband households are interested in innovative offerings accessed via television, such as offline viewing, video gaming, food delivery, ride sharing, and gambling.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
Jan 15, 2020 – A report from Parks Associates finds that the value of pirate video services accessed by pay-TV and non-pay-TV consumers will exceed $67 billion worldwide by 2023. The report also examines trends in content piracy and piracy prevention.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steven Hawley, Elizabeth Parks, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
U.S. standalone pay TV ARPU declined 10% from 2016 to 2018
Aug 1, 2019 – Research from Parks Associates finds that U.S. average standalone pay-TV ARPU declined 10% from 2016 to 2018, with consumer-reported monthly spending on pay TV declining from $84 to $76. Pricing pressure is forcing increasing conflict in carriage negotiations.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Over 80% of U.S. smart TVs are now connected to the internet
Dec 4, 2018 – Parks Associates research has shown that ownership of streaming media players has almost doubled from about 21% of U.S. broadband households in 2014 to almost 40% in 2018, while smart TV ownership has increased from 34% to 53% during the same time period.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Research shows interest in using same remote for smart home and entertainment devices
Jan 4, 2018 – Parks Associates has found that 42% of U.S. broadband households find at least one tested smart home use case for entertainment very appealing. The ability to control TVs, STBs, streaming media players, and smart home devices with the same remote is the most popular use case.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, CES2020, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
U.S. broadband households to buy almost 55 million smart home devices in 2020
Nov 15, 2017 – Parks Associates has announced research showing U.S. broadband households will buy almost 55 million smart home devices in 2020. Currently many smart home devices are still in the early adopter stage, at adoption levels less than 15% of U.S. households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature