Digital TV News: Emma Scott
UK's Freesat adds 8,000 TV homes in 3Q 2014
Oct 20, 2014 – Freesat, the UK satellite TV service, has maintained its 2014 momentum by adding 8,000 new TV homes in the three months to the end of September. In all, Freesat has added 32,000 new households in the first nine months of 2014.
News categories: Freesat, Emma Scott, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
UK's Freesat adds 6,000 households in 2Q 2014
Jul 28, 2014 – Freesat, the UK subscription free satellite TV service, added 6,000 new homes in the three months to the end of June. In all, Freesat has added 24,000 households in the first half of 2014.
News categories: Freesat, Emma Scott, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
Freesat offers films on demand with Curzon Home Cinema
May 28, 2014 – Freesat has announced the launch of the Curzon Home Cinema video On Demand service on Freetime, its award-winning connected TV service. Curzon Home Cinema is Freesat's first film On Demand and pay per view player.
News categories: Freesat, Curzon Home Cinema, Emma Scott, Phil Mordecai, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Manhattan to manufacture a new line of Freesat set top boxes
May 27, 2014 – Freesat has announced that Manhattan Technology intends to manufacture a new line of Freetime set top boxes. The Freesat mobile companion app will also work in conjunction with the Manhattan Freetime set-top boxes.
News categories: Manhattan Tech, Freesat, Emma Scott, Abbas Arbab-Zadeh, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
UK's Freesat adds 18,000 homes in 1Q 2014
May 6, 2014 – Freesat, the subscription free satellite TV service, has announced that it added 18,000 homes in the first quarter of 2014. Freesat is now available in 1.84 million UK households.
News categories: Freesat, Emma Scott, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Smart TV, Subscribers, UK
Freesat announces new Freetime partnership with Vestel
Apr 3, 2014 – Vestel and Freesat have announced a strategic partnership to provide Freesat’s Freetime service via satellite on a range of Vestel’s new smart TVs and set top boxes.
News categories: Freesat, Vestel, Emma Scott, Iskender Diker, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Panasonic announces smart TV partnership with Freesat
Mar 13, 2014 – Panasonic has announced a deal which will see the UK's Freesat Freetime service available in new Panasonic VIERA smart TVs.
News categories: Panasonic, Freesat, Craig Cunningham, Emma Scott, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV, UK
UK's Freesat adds 145,000 homes in the last 12 months
Jul 24, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's free-to-air digital satellite television provider, has reported its 21st quarter of consecutive growth, adding 145,000 homes to the service in the last twelve months.
News categories: Freesat, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Freesat now in 1.7 million UK homes
May 1, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's free-to-air digital satellite television provider has announced 2012/13 results. Having added c.150,000 homes in the last 12 months, Freesat remains the UK's fastest growing established TV platform, and continues to outgrow Pay-TV rivals.
News categories: Freesat, Market Research, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat