Digital TV News: Enea
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
Socionext 'Sea of Transcoders' accelerates server video processing
Aug 10, 2017 – Socionext has announced its 'Media Cloud' program, designed to provide more than a tenfold improvement in server performance for video processing in the data center. Under the program, Socionext will collaborate with partner companies to deliver data center servers and related services.
News categories: Socionext, Tom Miyake, Yasuhiro Wakimoto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Oregan Networks joins RDK community
Nov 13, 2014 – Oregan Networks has become a member of the RDK (Reference Design Kit) ecosystem and has announced a strategic intent to align its engineering expertise and services with RDK's initiatives.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Cable TV, RDK, USA, Worldwide
BSkyB launches weekly PAYG sports option for NOW TV
Aug 11, 2014 – BSkyB's NOW TV has announced the launch of a weekly pass for sports fans looking to watch Sky Sports. Available initially for £10.99, the Sky Sports Week Pass will offer all 7 Sky Sports channels for 7 days.
News categories: BSkyB, NOW TV, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Accedo TV app store adds RDK device support
Apr 28, 2014 – Accedo has announced an integration of Accedo Application Sphere®, Accedo’s TV app store management solution, for use on Reference Design Kit (RDK) devices.
News categories: Accedo, Lawrence Brickman, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Time Warner Cable developing RDK STB with Humax
Apr 15, 2014 – Time Warner Cable has announced that it is working with Humax on the development of its first IP set-top box integrating the Reference Design Kit (RDK) platform.
News categories: Time Warner Cable, Humax, Matthew Zelesko, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Virgin Media launches TV Anywhere
Nov 7, 2012 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ, LSE: VMED) has launched Virgin TV Anywhere, a new 'cloud-based' entertainment service exclusively for Virgin TV customers giving them the flexibility to enjoy their favourite TV content on computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Virgin Media, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
NovelSat showcases 3rd Generation NS3 Technology for Satellite Transmission at Satellite 2011
Mar 14, 2011 – NovelSat has announced that at Satellite 2011 it will be showcasing NS3™, a 3rd generation satellite transmission technology designed to improve bandwidth capacity by 20% compared to DVB-S2.
News categories: NovelSat, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
Requiescat in Pace, DMA
Dec 8, 2009 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), the global market for digital media adapters (DMAs) will be virtually non-existent by 2014, as manufacturers shift to embedded solutions and consumers demand video platforms that feature native internet connectivity.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH