Digital TV News: Enrique Rodriguez
Linksys Announces Plans to Expand Digital Home With New Media Center Extenders
Jan 7, 2008 – From the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show, Linksys has announced its new Media Center Extender with DVD Player (DMA2200) and Media Center Extender (DMA2100) are available for purchase.
News categories: Linksys, CES, DVD, OTT, Smart Home
BT and Microsoft Announce Partnership to Deliver Powerful, First-of-its-Kind Entertainment Experience to Consumers Through Xbox 360
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft and telecommunications leader BT announced they are bringing together the next-generation TV service BT Vision with Microsoft's Xbox 360 games and entertainment system.
News categories: Xbox, Microsoft, BT Vision, Robbie Bach, Bill Gates, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Middleware, UK
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom's T-Online to Offer High-Definition IPTV Service over Cisco IP Next-Generation Network
Apr 28, 2006 – Deutsche Telekom and Cisco have announced that T-Online's 'T-Home' service is based on the Cisco IP NGN architecture and is delivered with Cisco IP set-top boxes (STBs) supporting the Microsoft TV IPTV Edition software platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Deutsche Telekom, Microsoft, Mike Volpi, Kai-Uwe Ricke, Enrique Rodriguez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019