Digital TV News: Envivio
Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
Aug 18, 2016 – ABI Research finds that video equipment will see a 4% CAGR through 2021, whereas Managed Video Platforms (MVPs) focused on providing turnkey service offerings and delivering media & entertainment content will see a 17% CAGR in the same period.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
ABI Research ranks Harmonic, Elemental, Akamai top in Video Delivery
Apr 6, 2016 – In its competitive analysis, ABI Research scores Harmonic and Elemental as the best overall video encoders, while Akamai receives top overall ranking for cloud video service provider.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Vietnam's VTVcab to use Envivio software for Cloud DVR services
Dec 3, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it will equip Vietnam's largest multiple system operator, Vietnam Cable Television Corporation (VTVcab) with its video compression software and network media processor and packager.
News categories: Envivio, VTVcab, Julien Signés, Nam Bui Huy, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Vietnam
Virtualized Video Encoders to grow to $888 million in 2020
Oct 26, 2015 – The continued push towards cloud computing throughout the IT industry is making its way into video markets. Virtualization in the encoder market is expected to grow from 34% of the market in 2014 to 44% in 2020, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Envivio powers Chunghwa Telecom 4K HEVC trial
Feb 5, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that Chunghwa Telecom has selected Envivio video solutions for its 4K HEVC streaming service trial. In the trial, Envivio is using its Muse Ultra HD software to support two modes of 4K HEVC delivery to a wide range of devices for Chunghwa.
News categories: Envivio, HwaCom, Chunghwa Telecom, Carl Hurd, Alex Huang, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Envivio powers Bouygues Telecom video on demand
Jan 20, 2015 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that Bouygues Telecom has selected Envivio Muse Video on Demand encoding software to power its multi-screen video services in a fully virtualized software environment to millions of subscribers.
News categories: Envivio, Bouygues Telecom, Boris Felts, Thibaut Keraval, Content Distribution, France, IPTV
Radiant Digitek deploys Envivio converged video delivery solution
Jan 14, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that Radiant Digitek, a cable MSO in the Rajasthan region in North India, has deployed Envivio's converged video delivery solution, delivering video content to DVB-C set-top boxes.
News categories: Envivio, Zulfakkar Ali, Lokesh Joshi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Shift to generic hardware and virtualization pressuring video equipment prices
Jan 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), the cost of encoding and transcoding platforms continues to come down, pressuring video and broadcast equipment revenue as pay-TV providers move to generic hardware and network functions virtualization.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
Aug 28, 2014 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that it has deployed its cloud video transcoding service in China for Beijing Gehua CATV Network (BGCTV), marking the first cloud-based multi-screen video service offered by a Chinese cable operator.
News categories: Envivio, Beijing Gehua, Julien Signès, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service