Digital TV News: Eric Tveter
Netflix app added to UPC Switzerland's Horizon HD Recorder
Dec 12, 2016 – Thanks to the global partnership entered into between Liberty Global and Netflix, customers in Switzerland can now benefit from an app that can be operated directly on the Horizon HD Recorder.
News categories: UPC, Netflix, Eric Tveter, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
One millionth Horizon customers for upc cablecom
Feb 20, 2015 – upc cablecom has welcomed its millionth Horizon customer. The Liberty Global multimedia platform was launched in Switzerland just over two years ago. The Horizon HD Recorder is also available in Germany, the Netherlands, Ireland and Poland. Together, these countries have now cracked the million mark.
News categories: upc cablecom, Liberty Global, Frank Zelger, Eric Tveter, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Subscribers, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom launches MyPrime VOD
Sep 3, 2014 – upc cablecom has announced the launch of its online video library MyPrime. MyPrime costs CHF 9.95 per month and offers unlimited use of the complete library. Customers with a bundle can use MyPrime at no additional cost.
News categories: upc cablecom, Eric Tveter, Ivo Hoevel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
Switzerland's upc cablecom abolishes basic encryption
Oct 16, 2012 – upc cablecom has announced that by 1 January 2013 the 55 most popular TV channels (including HD) will be available in all households unencrypted. The cost of the basic digital offer (currently CHF 4 per month) will no longer apply.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland
Cablecom broadcasts the first 3D television in Switzerland
Apr 12, 2010 – In the framework of a pilot project, cablecom is the first cable network operator to broadcast a programme in 3D in Switzerland. The final of the US Masters golf tournament in Augusta was broadcast in 3D.
News categories: cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, VR
Cablecom and Swiss Television launch TV on demand
Oct 15, 2009 – In cooperation with Swiss Television, cablecom has launched TV on demand. cablecom customers in the greater Zurich area can now catch up on all programmes produced by Swiss Television at any time for up to a week after their initial broadcast.
News categories: cablecom, Swiss Television, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution