Digital TV News: Erik Brannon
U.S. pay TV cord-cutting fears validated by Q2 losses
Sep 1, 2015 – Validating industry cord-cutting fears, in the second quarter (Q2) of 2015, pay TV companies in the United States posted their worst ever quarterly video subscriber losses, shedding 658,450 subscribers, according to IHS (NYSE:IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
U.S. cable performance improves
May 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), U.S. cable companies improved on normal quarterly losses in the first quarter (Q1) of 2015, losing only 132,900 subscribers since the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014.
News categories: IHS, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US pay TV subscriptions rise in Q1 as cable achieves best quarter in years
May 15, 2014 – The number of U.S. household subscribing to pay TV services surged in the first quarter, as the increasingly resilient cable segment moderated its customer loses, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
IPTV defies drop in US Pay TV market to gain subscribers in Q2
Aug 14, 2013 – Amid a plunge in subscribers for cable, and now satellite providers, Internet protocol television (IPTV) was the only segment of the U.S. pay-TV market to achieve growth in the second quarter, according to a new report from IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Canada's Pay-TV Market Set to Peak this Year
Sep 5, 2012 – Canada's pay-TV market is expected to reach the saturation point this year, compelling the country's cable, satellite and IPTV operators to seek new growth opportunities, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
U.S. Pay-TV Net Adds Plunge in Q2 as Economy and Netflix Take Their Toll
Aug 10, 2012 – Net U.S. subscriber additions for pay-TV operators fell by nearly 350,000 in the second quarter - the largest subscriber drop in history - according to IHS Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US Pay-TV Market Shows Resilience in Q2
Sep 9, 2011 – Despite a decline in video subscribers, the second quarter was a strong period for the U.S. pay-TV business, with revenue-generating units (RGU) for cable rising robustly due to expanding broadband and telephony segments, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5