Digital TV News: Erik Brannon
U.S. pay TV cord-cutting fears validated by Q2 losses
Sep 1, 2015 – Validating industry cord-cutting fears, in the second quarter (Q2) of 2015, pay TV companies in the United States posted their worst ever quarterly video subscriber losses, shedding 658,450 subscribers, according to IHS (NYSE:IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
U.S. cable performance improves
May 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), U.S. cable companies improved on normal quarterly losses in the first quarter (Q1) of 2015, losing only 132,900 subscribers since the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014.
News categories: IHS, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US pay TV subscriptions rise in Q1 as cable achieves best quarter in years
May 15, 2014 – The number of U.S. household subscribing to pay TV services surged in the first quarter, as the increasingly resilient cable segment moderated its customer loses, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
IPTV defies drop in US Pay TV market to gain subscribers in Q2
Aug 14, 2013 – Amid a plunge in subscribers for cable, and now satellite providers, Internet protocol television (IPTV) was the only segment of the U.S. pay-TV market to achieve growth in the second quarter, according to a new report from IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Canada's Pay-TV Market Set to Peak this Year
Sep 5, 2012 – Canada's pay-TV market is expected to reach the saturation point this year, compelling the country's cable, satellite and IPTV operators to seek new growth opportunities, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
U.S. Pay-TV Net Adds Plunge in Q2 as Economy and Netflix Take Their Toll
Aug 10, 2012 – Net U.S. subscriber additions for pay-TV operators fell by nearly 350,000 in the second quarter - the largest subscriber drop in history - according to IHS Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US Pay-TV Market Shows Resilience in Q2
Sep 9, 2011 – Despite a decline in video subscribers, the second quarter was a strong period for the U.S. pay-TV business, with revenue-generating units (RGU) for cable rising robustly due to expanding broadband and telephony segments, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS