Digital TV News: Erik Huggers
Verizon to purchase Intel Media assets
Jan 21, 2014 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) have announced an agreement for Verizon to purchase from Intel the assets of Intel Media, a business division dedicated to the development of Cloud TV products and services.
News categories: Verizon, Intel Corp, Lowell McAdam, Brian Krzanich, Erik Huggers, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, OTT, Semiconductor, USA
Intel-Based Set-Top Box Powers Comcast Xfinity TV Experience
Jun 14, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that its media processors are helping power the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity TV experience which uses a new guide and user interface to make the television more interactive, personal and social.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
BBC unveils BBC iPlayer Desktop on Adobe AIR
Dec 19, 2008 – The BBC and Adobe Systems (NASDAQ:ADBE) have announced the public beta of the new BBC iPlayer Desktop download manager built on Adobe AIR, a key component of the Adobe Flash Platform.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Adobe Systems, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, UK
BBC may create open online video platform
Oct 15, 2008 – Erik Huggers, the BBC's Group Controller for Future Media and Technology, has said that the BBC is considering creating an open online video platform, codenamed Canvas, on which content providers could launch internet TV services.
News categories: BBC, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Next generation BBC iPlayer launches
Jun 25, 2008 – The BBC has unveiled a new-look BBC iPlayer which fully integrates radio and TV in one interface, as the service records over 100 million requests to view programmes in the six months since its launch.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, UK
BBC and Nintendo collaborate to offer BBC iPlayer on Wii
Apr 9, 2008 – Erik Huggers, the BBC's Group Controller for Future Media and Technology, has unveiled a collaboration with Nintendo UK to offer BBC iPlayer via the Nintendo Wii.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Nintendo, Broadband, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, UK
BBC enters strategic relationship with Adobe to enhance BBC iPlayer and bbc.co.uk
Oct 16, 2007 – The BBC and Adobe® Systems have announced a strategic relationship around the delivery of web video.
News categories: BBC, Adobe, Media Player, OTT, UK
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019